Passing data between forms - newbie
Author Message
 Passing data between forms - newbie

VB 6
Newbie, with VB-Script experience in ASP context.

I'm trying to make a variable accessable to several forms.
I've declared it thus:
Public VariableName As String

I've tried putting the declaration in 2 different forms,
and also tried creating a module to hold it. No success.

I need to store user-input in the variable on one form,
and access it from several other forms.

Thanks in advance!

David

Tue, 03 May 2005 05:25:14 GMT
 Passing data between forms - newbie
Putting it in a .bas module is the way to do it. If that didn't work, then
something else is going wrong.

Quote:
> VB 6
> Newbie, with VB-Script experience in ASP context.

> I'm trying to make a variable accessable to several forms.
> I've declared it thus:
> Public VariableName As String

> I've tried putting the declaration in 2 different forms,
> and also tried creating a module to hold it. No success.

> I need to store user-input in the variable on one form,
> and access it from several other forms.

> Thanks in advance!

> David

Tue, 03 May 2005 05:35:15 GMT
 Passing data between forms - newbie

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Passing data between forms - newbie
Thanks!
I've got it working.

Quote:

message

>> VB 6
>> Newbie, with VB-Script experience in ASP context.

>> I'm trying to make a variable accessable to several
forms.
>> I've declared it thus:
>> Public VariableName As String

>> I've tried putting the declaration in 2 different
forms,
>> and also tried creating a module to hold it. No
success.

>> I need to store user-input in the variable on one form,
>> and access it from several other forms.

>> Thanks in advance!

>> David

>.

Tue, 03 May 2005 07:06:24 GMT

1. Passing data between forms - newbie question

2. Passing data between forms - a newbie question

3. Passing field data from data control between forms

4. Newbie - Passing data to a function

5. newbie question - passing data between exes

6. Newbie, correct syntax passing arguments as form names

7. newbie-passing info from outlook98 form to access97 db

8. Newbie Q about passing info from a form to a sub

9. passing value to 2nd form (newbie quest)

10. Passing variables/parameters between forms - newbie question

11. Newbie Question: Passing a recordset between forms?

12. Passing Data From A Form To A Different Table Upon Close