Saving listbox data
Author Message
 Saving listbox data

Hello to all,
I have a listbox password utility program that allows the main user to
delete/add passwords for a small business program I designed. The other two
users passwords allow them into the data entry programs. Since employees
come and go at the business I wanted to allow the main user to
create/delete passwords at runtime. I use refresh to keep the changes
during runtime, however, after the application finishes, all listbox data
is lost.
What is the best or easiest way to save the data so it will load with the
application?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks, James

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Saving listbox data

James,

Quote:
>I have a listbox password utility program that allows the main user to
>delete/add passwords for a small business program I designed. The other two
>users passwords allow them into the data entry programs. Since employees
>come and go at the business I wanted to allow the main user to
>create/delete passwords at runtime. I use refresh to keep the changes
>during runtime, however, after the application finishes, all listbox data
>is lost.
>What is the best or easiest way to save the data so it will load with the
>application?

There is no automatic way to do this. You'll need to simply iterate through
the list and save each string manually.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

Sat, 02 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. use array to save data from listbox

2. Comparing user entered data to listbox data??

3. Save data back to datasource: DataGrid data binding

4. Data type conversion error when saving numeric data types

5. Can ListBox values be saved with a template?

6. Save ListBox items to file?

7. listboxes, saving to registry or file

8. Saving listbox to a text file

9. ** HELP- Saving a listbox to a text file!

10. Save/Load Listbox from/to text file Need opinion on this code

11. Help Newbie Saving Multiple Listboxes

12. listbox's , saving info