viewing ppt file by programming eVB
Author Message
 viewing ppt file by programming eVB

Hi all,

I am new to MS embedded Visual Basic 3.0 (eVB) here but I
basically have general concepts of it.

I am trying to develop a course mobile delivery system in
which I must know how to view ppt, any audio and video
format files onto that PDA device.  Right now, I am just
using the emulator (Pocket PC) provided by that eVB
program.  I looked into some API's from the APT viewer and
so far I cannot find any solutions myself.  We cannot
simply open a file using FileSystem Object that only
recognizes text files, binary files, random files, etc.

I really appreciate if anyone can teach me how to cope
with my problems

Yancey

Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:16:48 GMT
 viewing ppt file by programming eVB
You normally use the ShellExecute API to launch a file with it's associated
application. However, eVB cannot call Declare functions, so you would need
to wrap this functionality in an eVC++ app and shell out to that to handle
it. Perhaps there's an easier way that I am unaware of. I suggest you try
the eVB group:

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I am new to MS embedded Visual Basic 3.0 (eVB) here but I
> basically have general concepts of it.

> I am trying to develop a course mobile delivery system in
> which I must know how to view ppt, any audio and video
> format files onto that PDA device.  Right now, I am just
> using the emulator (Pocket PC) provided by that eVB
> program.  I looked into some API's from the APT viewer and
> so far I cannot find any solutions myself.  We cannot
> simply open a file using FileSystem Object that only
> recognizes text files, binary files, random files, etc.

> I really appreciate if anyone can teach me how to cope
> with my problems

> Yancey

Mon, 15 Nov 2004 03:19:03 GMT

1. Open files in another program, like pdf, xls or ppt

2. PPT file format or how to view the first picture in a ppt file ????

3. SDK for PPT 2800 and eVB

4. View a PPT presentation in a visual basic application window

5. View a PPT presentation in a visual basic application window

6. Open PPT - Run SlideShow - Close PPT

7. eVb and Microsoft sucks....Can't I play mp3 files in eVB

8. ? Starting the right program to view a file

9. How to view a .jpg image in eVB?

10. new deVBuzz.com article -- Saddling the HTML View Control from eVB

11. File browsing in PPT 97 add-in

12. Create .ppt files