SSTab and Tabctl32.ocx
Author Message
 SSTab and Tabctl32.ocx

I have VB Enterprise at work and VB Pro at home. I was working on a app
at work with the SSTab control in it. It works fine at work and
compilescorrectly but when I call up the same vbx file at home I get an
error that it can't load the tabctl32.ocx file. I verified that the file
is in the windows/system directory and I've used the sstab at home on
other apps.  The compiled version of the app doesn't show the sstab
control but rather just one frame of the control not all the other tabs.

What's going on with this, is it a registry thing, if so how can they be
reregistered? Or what else should I check?

Sat, 25 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 SSTab and Tabctl32.ocx

Quote:
> I have VB Enterprise at work and VB Pro at home. I was working on a app
> at work with the SSTab control in it. It works fine at work and
> compilescorrectly but when I call up the same vbx file at home I get an
> error that it can't load the tabctl32.ocx file. I verified that the file
> is in the windows/system directory and I've used the sstab at home on
> other apps.  The compiled version of the app doesn't show the sstab
> control but rather just one frame of the control not all the other tabs.

> What's going on with this, is it a registry thing, if so how can they be
> reregistered? Or what else should I check?

Hello Troy Wagstaff,

Well, I got the same problem when using VB (16-bit). VB couldn't load
Tabctl16.ocx.
I don't know exactly what the reason is, but maybe you can try this :
(It worked with me)

After Starting VB you can Select the custom control again. Menu optin
"Tools" and the select "Custom Controls". Select the "Sheridan Tabbed
Dialog Control" again, and maybe it works. If it doesn't help you, I am
sorry !
You need VB for this; just executing the .EXE file of you VB-application
without VB has been installed on the PC, wont't work.

Best regards,

NOTE : I can reproduce the error after renaming the tabctl - ocx. Just give
it another name with NO .OCX extension.         After that give it its original

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unexpected error ssTab Tabctl32.ocx

2. SSTAB / TABCTL32.OCX

3. SSTab - tabctl32.ocx problem

4. SSTab not found in TabCtl32.ocx.

5. Unexpected error ssTab Tabctl32.ocx

6. SSTab/TABCTL32.OCX and registering it

7. Tabctl32.OCX SSTAB

8. Tabctl32.ocx dependency file (Tabctl32.deb)

9. Problems with COMDLG32.OCX and TABCTL32.OCX

10. OCX CONTROL can't register TABCTL32,OCX

11. Visual Basic 5.0....TABCTL32.OCX loading error..

12. Help Tabctl32.ocx