VB4/VB5 vs. VBDOS
Author Message
 VB4/VB5 vs. VBDOS

Quote:
> In VBDOS, if I wanted to creat large programs wich exceeds the limit of
640kb,
> I had to do this at command prompt to build an app. to use upper memory.
> Is this not of my concern in vb4/vb5 anymore ?

This is no longer a concern under Windows, particularly 32-bit versions of
Windows (95 and NT). Almost all of the limits that were in QB/PDS/VBDOS and
in 16-bit Windows no longer exist or are based entirely on available system
memory.

Quote:
> How about good old library in qb and vbdos ? is that the same as OLE

(.DLL) ??

Essentially, yes. You can create an OLE/ActiveX DLL that contains a class
that contains your often used functions. In VB5, you can declare the class
as Global Multiuse to treat the functions as if they were part of the
language.

--
Frank Carr

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4/VB5 vs. VBDOS

-Hi folks, I can't find the proper NG for my Q. so I'll put it here:

-I've been using qb45/vbdos for a long time, but now at last, (have to move
forward you know !), I'm trying to learn vb4 (enterprise edition).  In
VBDOS, if I wanted to creat large programs wich exceeds the limit of 640kb,
I had to do this at command prompt to build an app. to use upper memory.
Is this not of my concern in vb4/vb5 anymore ? Can I build program as big
as I want to with no 'hacking' in some way ?  How about good old library in
qb and vbdos ? is that the same as OLE (.DLL) ??  Can it bee used in the
same way ??

Thanks in advance...
-Rob.

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 vs. VB5 vs VB6 for database applications

2. VB4 vs VB5 vs VB6

3. VB5 Visual Data Manager vs. VB4 Data Manager

4. ocx /vb4 vs vb5

5. VB4 vs VB5

6. VB5 vs VB4 - example program in help doesn't run

7. VB5 and .FRM, .FRX files, vs. VB4 - question

8. VB5 vs VB4

9. VB4 vs VB5 application size...

10. VB5 vs VB4 speed of Add method for Treeview control

11. VB5 vs VB4 - Run-time error 380, invalid property value

12. Help please: comctl32.ocx - VB4 vs. vb5 cce