Reading status messages and text from shelled DOS programs in
Author Message
 Reading status messages and text from shelled DOS programs in

I'm looking for a way to get status messages and text from shelled DOS
programs in VB4/VB5.

One example I have is a program that is run from the VB application
using the shell function with command line parameters. (xxx.exe
-version) This xxx.exe program will show the version number in the DOS
window when run on its own and I am presuming it will run the same if I
run it from the VB application using the shell function.  I have so far
not found a way to read the text and messages that the xxx.exe outputs
to standard i/o.

Please help.

Thanks in advance for any answers you maybe able to provide.

Lenon Chang

Tue, 15 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. help reading text in dos shell

2. Shell to dos and get message back

3. Shell program status control

4. Change message Read status

5. Reading output form a shelled dos window???????

6. return errorlevel from shelled dos program

7. Windows 2000 / VBA: DOS-program with Shell

8. Need shell for DOS program in Quickbasic!

9. detecting close of a shelled dos program in vb5

10. detecting close of a shelled dos program in vb5

11. Running a DOS program as a Shell (PkUnzip) from VB

12. Shell to DOS-Mode program??