Menu bar in MDI child
Author Message
 Menu bar in MDI child

Is there another way to put a menu bar in an mdi child?  I have tried to
create a menu bar but it is removed.  The same goes for keyboard input.  I
can't get anything from my form.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Matthew Hanna

Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:00:02 GMT
 Menu bar in MDI child

Quote:
> Is there another way to put a menu bar in an mdi child?  I have tried to
> create a menu bar but it is removed.

MDI child forms will present their menu in the MDI parent, not on their own
form -- is that what you're seeing?

Quote:
> The same goes for keyboard input.  I
> can't get anything from my form.

I've been able to get keyboard input from a form a couple of times, so I
suspect this works.

Quote:
> Any suggestions?

(1)  Post your code, or...
(2)  Telepathically project your code right into my brain.

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:27:33 GMT
 Menu bar in MDI child
So, you are saying that if a menu is created for an mdi child form the menu
will appear on the parents menu bar?
I can't figure out what code to post but all I did was create a simple form
that accepts keyboard and mouse input
and draws on a picture box.  I added a menu that lets me save the picture
box and exit the application.  Next, I moved
the form to an existing mdi application and made my form an mdi child at
which point my menu went away.  I never looked
on the parent menu bar anywhere though.  To be honest, I don't even see
anything resembling my menu.  I guess I need
to go buy another book on mdi programming. :-)  Oh well.

Thanks for help!
Matthew Hanna

Quote:

> > Is there another way to put a menu bar in an mdi child?  I have tried to
> > create a menu bar but it is removed.

> MDI child forms will present their menu in the MDI parent, not on their
own
> form -- is that what you're seeing?

> > The same goes for keyboard input.  I
> > can't get anything from my form.

> I've been able to get keyboard input from a form a couple of times, so I
> suspect this works.

> > Any suggestions?

> (1)  Post your code, or...
> (2)  Telepathically project your code right into my brain.

Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:39:24 GMT

1. Menu Bar on MDI Child?

2. Using MDI Menus with child menu when child are hidden for popup

3. Using MDI Menus with child menu when child are hidden for popup

4. Maximized MDI child form Covering Status bar on MDI parent

5. need help regarding scroll bar in mdi and mdi child form

6. MDI Child Tile bar - how change font/ also how to hide bar

7. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

8. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

9. How to make menu in MDI child appear together with MDI form

10. Calling MDI child code from MDI parent menu???

11. Menu, MDI form and MDI child

12. MDI Form's menu replaced by MDI Child