Shared MS Fax
Author Message
 Shared MS Fax

Is there a way to edit the settings on a shared fax modem with VB?

I would like to turn the auto answer on and off from any machine on the
network.

Thanks,
Todd

Wed, 17 Aug 2011 00:07:55 GMT
 Shared MS Fax
sending ats0=0 would be a way if i'm not misstaken to turn it
(answeing) off, why would anyone want to turn it on ;)
but thats on normal modems (or was it ats1... ) it might differ, you
dont give much to go on.

//CY

On 27 Feb, 17:07, "Todd Heiks"

Quote:

> Is there a way to edit the settings on a shared fax modem with VB?

> I would like to turn the auto answer on and off from any machine on the
> network.

> Thanks,
> Todd

Wed, 17 Aug 2011 02:58:15 GMT
 Shared MS Fax
This is a USR Sportster 33.6 serial modem connected to a remote server.

How does one send AT commands to the port remotely?

I was thinking more of getting a handle on the fax object.

Thanks,
Todd

Quote:
> sending ats0=0 would be a way if i'm not misstaken to turn it
> (answeing) off, why would anyone want to turn it on ;)
> but thats on normal modems (or was it ats1... ) it might differ, you
> dont give much to go on.

> //CY

> On 27 Feb, 17:07, "Todd Heiks"

>> Is there a way to edit the settings on a shared fax modem with VB?

>> I would like to turn the auto answer on and off from any machine on the
>> network.

>> Thanks,
>> Todd

Wed, 17 Aug 2011 03:17:31 GMT
 Shared MS Fax
Oh, thought it might be a vintage shared fax "server"
http://www.recycledgoods.com/zoom.aspx?productID=18414 ish....

remote administration of server like VNC, "mstsc /v:servername" (oops
that didnt include VB)
any API for the software? (RightFax/GoldFax)
any way to do it from the server might be simulated using a VB app to
control that using (local) VB with appactivate and sendkey and
remotley control that...
controlling a relay to cut the telephone-line via another serial port
using the control signals RTS/CTS/DTR/DSR (never remeber what is out
on PC) and some electronics or something like ADAM-4060 (sounds like
fun)

Just some ideas..

On 27 Feb, 20:17, "Todd Heiks"

Quote:

> This is a USR Sportster 33.6 serial modem connected to a remote server.

> How does one send AT commands to the port remotely?

Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:25:43 GMT
 Shared MS Fax
Good idea. Thanks.

Quote:
> Oh, thought it might be a vintage shared fax "server"
> http://www.recycledgoods.com/zoom.aspx?productID=18414 ish....

> remote administration of server like VNC, "mstsc /v:servername" (oops
> that didnt include VB)
> any API for the software? (RightFax/GoldFax)
> any way to do it from the server might be simulated using a VB app to
> control that using (local) VB with appactivate and sendkey and
> remotley control that...
> controlling a relay to cut the telephone-line via another serial port
> using the control signals RTS/CTS/DTR/DSR (never remeber what is out
> on PC) and some electronics or something like ADAM-4060 (sounds like
> fun)

> Just some ideas..

> On 27 Feb, 20:17, "Todd Heiks"

>> This is a USR Sportster 33.6 serial modem connected to a remote server.

>> How does one send AT commands to the port remotely?

Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:07:31 GMT

1. Sending faxes from MAPI vs Printing to MS Fax

2. Fax using MS Fax

3. Share FAX ocx anyone?

4. Microsoft Shared Fax Server

5. Interface to Shared Fax Control

6. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

7. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

8. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

9. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

10. Fax.dll , Fax.vbx , fax routines , dde with fax , everything with fax !!

11. Fax from MS Access using sendobject

12. [Fwd: Using MS Fax Server in Access]