Accessing Scheduled Tasks.
Author Message
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.

Is there a way to programmatically access the scheduled events stored on a Windows XP machine?

For example, if I have 10 scheduled events, I would like to be able to view, list or sort them in a VB6 app. If so, I guess what I am looking for is which library would I find such a critter.

Thanks.

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:03:58 GMT
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.

> ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C9736F.56634440

> Is there a way to programmatically access the scheduled events stored on =
> a Windows XP machine?

> For example, if I have 10 scheduled events, I would like to be able to =
> view, list or sort them in a VB6 app. If so, I guess what I am looking =
> for is which library would I find such a critter.

> Thanks.

Hmmm... I know that Edanmo Morcillo used to have a component availabe for
download that dealt with the task scheduler.  I'm not sure where that is now.

I also have one that I wrote in VB6 - which your weclome to.  I wrote it
before I knew of Edanamo's component - of all the rotten luck!  Anyway, if you
want the source - it's yours.

--
Tom Shelton

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 14:18:30 GMT
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.

Quote:

>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

>> ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C9736F.56634440

>> Is there a way to programmatically access the scheduled events stored on =
>> a Windows XP machine?

>> For example, if I have 10 scheduled events, I would like to be able to =
>> view, list or sort them in a VB6 app. If so, I guess what I am looking =
>> for is which library would I find such a critter.

>> Thanks.

> Hmmm... I know that Edanmo Morcillo used to have a component availabe for

Woops... that's Edanamo Morcillo :)

--
Tom Shelton

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 15:12:18 GMT
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.
Hi Tom. I've googled the universe for Edanamo Morcillo as well as other
searches. I've found a link for Edanamo'code. Unfortunately, it's a link on
Experts Exchange and I don't think I'm interested in paying for a membership
that I'd never use.

If you could let me know where to get your code I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the reply and information.

Cheers.

Quote:

>>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

>>> ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C9736F.56634440

>>> Is there a way to programmatically access the scheduled events stored on
>>> =
>>> a Windows XP machine?

>>> For example, if I have 10 scheduled events, I would like to be able to =
>>> view, list or sort them in a VB6 app. If so, I guess what I am looking =
>>> for is which library would I find such a critter.

>>> Thanks.

>> Hmmm... I know that Edanmo Morcillo used to have a component availabe for

> Woops... that's Edanamo Morcillo :)

> --
> Tom Shelton

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 18:11:36 GMT
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.

Quote:
> Hi Tom. I've googled the universe for Edanamo Morcillo as well as other
> searches. I've found a link for Edanamo'code. Unfortunately, it's a link
> on Experts Exchange and I don't think I'm interested in paying for a
> membership that I'd never use.

> If you could let me know where to get your code I would appreciate it.

> Thanks for the reply and information.

> Cheers.

>>> Hmmm... I know that Edanmo Morcillo used to have a component availabe
>>> for

>> Woops... that's Edanamo Morcillo :)

>> --
>> Tom Shelton

http://www.mvps.org/emorcillo/en/code/vb6/index.shtml
Near the bottom, see Using the Task Scheduler

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 22:07:31 GMT
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.

Quote:
> Hi Tom. I've googled the universe for Edanamo Morcillo as well as other
> searches. I've found a link for Edanamo'code. Unfortunately, it's a link on
> Experts Exchange and I don't think I'm interested in paying for a membership
> that I'd never use.

> If you could let me know where to get your code I would appreciate it.

> Thanks for the reply and information.

Interesting question.  I tried WMI and Scripting and was unable to
show the list.  Perhaps my system is corrupted... here is a link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa446865(VS.85).aspx

Let me know if you get it to work, or if (like me) it errors at
CreateObject....

LFS

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 22:38:03 GMT
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.

Quote:
> http://www.mvps.org/emorcillo/en/code/vb6/index.shtml
> Near the bottom, see Using the Task Scheduler

Can you paste a deep link (right to the page)?

I only see two entries on that page, neither of them about a Task Scheduler....

LFS

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:39:59 GMT
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.

Quote:

>> http://www.mvps.org/emorcillo/en/code/vb6/index.shtml
>> Near the bottom, see Using the Task Scheduler

> Can you paste a deep link (right to the page)?

> I only see two entries on that page, neither of them about a Task
> Scheduler....

I see many entries, all seem to ZIP files, not separate HTML pages. Perhaps
the site is using JavaScript. Here is a direct link to the sample:

Using the Task Scheduler
http://www.mvps.org/emorcillo/download/vb6/schedule.zip

You will need this first as a dependency(Browse to it in References to
register it):

OLELIB.TLB - OLE interfaces & functions v1.7
http://www.mvps.org/emorcillo/download/vb6/tl_ole.zip

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:51:00 GMT
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.
Shel the AT command.  AT /? for help!

Quote:

>> Hi Tom. I've googled the universe for Edanamo Morcillo as well as other
>> searches. I've found a link for Edanamo'code. Unfortunately, it's a link
>> on
>> Experts Exchange and I don't think I'm interested in paying for a
>> membership
>> that I'd never use.

>> If you could let me know where to get your code I would appreciate it.

>> Thanks for the reply and information.

> Interesting question.  I tried WMI and Scripting and was unable to
> show the list.  Perhaps my system is corrupted... here is a link:

> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa446865(VS.85).aspx

> Let me know if you get it to work, or if (like me) it errors at
> CreateObject....

> LFS

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 14:30:07 GMT
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.

Quote:
> Shel the AT command.  AT /? for help!

AT says there are no scheduled tasks, but when I open Explorer up to
Scheduled Tasks, I see two....

Oh well...
LFS

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:54:56 GMT
 Accessing Scheduled Tasks.

Quote:

> > Shel the AT command.  AT /? for help!

> AT says there are no scheduled tasks, but when I open Explorer up to
> Scheduled Tasks, I see two....

> Oh well...
> LFS

Sun, 10 Jul 2011 21:56:09 GMT

1. Setting Username and Passwords for a scheduled task in MS Task Scheduler

2. Programatically scheduling a task

3. Scheduling tasks with MSACCESS?

4. Program Schedule for task automation

5. VB & NT Scheduled Tasks - URGENT

6. CDO 1.21s VBScript Scheduled Task

7. Scheduled task to empty Outlook deleted items

8. Can't create application object when VB pgm started as scheduled task

9. running macro as scheduled task

10. Add Scheduled Task Via Code

11. Console Application and Scheduled Task.

12. Scheduled Tasks Status