Determine Terminal Server Session ID's from the Client
Author Message
 Determine Terminal Server Session ID's from the Client

I am looking for a way to query a client machines session id(s) to a
terminal server.  Does the client know the session id it has been assigned?

It seems to me that WTSEnumerateSessions API is only viable when ran against
a server.  Is there an API available to ask the client of all its open
sessions?  Is there an event sink that I can use to monitor connection open
and connection close?

Thanks in advance.

Sat, 10 Mar 2012 01:25:36 GMT
 Determine Terminal Server Session ID's from the Client

Quote:
>I am looking for a way to query a client machines session id(s) to a
>terminal server.  Does the client know the session id it has been assigned?

> It seems to me that WTSEnumerateSessions API is only viable when ran
> against a server.  Is there an API available to ask the client of all its
> open sessions?  Is there an event sink that I can use to monitor
> connection open and connection close?

You posted to the wrong groups. microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services
is for TS usage by end users, not for development. "vb" groups without
"dotnet" or "vsnet" in the group name are for VB Classic(VB6 or lower). You
posted to dotnet.general, but this is generic group. VB.Net and all dotnet
groups have either "dotnet" or "vsnet" in the group name. Please use the
following group instead:

Sat, 10 Mar 2012 02:17:58 GMT
 Determine Terminal Server Session ID's from the Client
Amdrit,

There might be something in WMI that you could query to get the information.
Other than that I can't think of anything off-hand that would list all open
RDP sessions on a client machine.  It's a bit of an odd thing to want to
do - is there any particular reason for it?  Maybe there's some other way of
approaching your problem?

HTH,
Alex

Quote:
>I am looking for a way to query a client machines session id(s) to a
>terminal server.  Does the client know the session id it has been assigned?

> It seems to me that WTSEnumerateSessions API is only viable when ran
> against a server.  Is there an API available to ask the client of all its
> open sessions?  Is there an event sink that I can use to monitor
> connection open and connection close?

> Thanks in advance.

Sat, 10 Mar 2012 07:55:08 GMT
 Determine Terminal Server Session ID's from the Client
this session ID information is only available from server.
Thanks
Soo Kuan

>I am looking for a way to query a client machines session id(s) to a
>terminal server.  Does the client know the session id it has been assigned?

> It seems to me that WTSEnumerateSessions API is only viable when ran
> against a server.  Is there an API available to ask the client of all its
> open sessions?  Is there an event sink that I can use to monitor
> connection open and connection close?

> Thanks in advance.

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:47:03 GMT

1. How do I use WFAPI.dll with VB to get client name - Terminal Server client

2. How do I use WFAPI.dll with VB to get client name - Terminal Server client

3. winsock control: determine server's port from client

4. Open Terminal Server Session on remote machine ?

5. vbs fxn to detect terminal server session

6. Determine Clientname on Terminal Server..

7. Determining if running on Terminal Server

8. Determining if running on Terminal Server

9. Detecting disconnected Terminal Server Client

10. Terminal Server - Client Name

11. Terminal Server Problem / Beep on the client machine

12. Terminal server advanced client