VB6 IDE right-click module remove
Author Message
 VB6 IDE right-click module remove
Using VB6 Enterprise.
In the project explorer I used to have the option on right-clicking a module
to remove that module.
For some reason that option has gone and not sure how to get it back.
Any ideas?

RBS

Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:42:35 GMT
 VB6 IDE right-click module remove

Quote:
> Using VB6 Enterprise.
> In the project explorer I used to have the option on right-clicking a
> module to remove that module.
> For some reason that option has gone and not sure how to get it back.
> Any ideas?

Reset to default menus. Do this by right-clicking the toolbar and choosing
Customize (or from the View menu, choose Toolbars, and then Customize). From
the Toolbars tab of the Customize dialog box, click Shortcut Menus (it does
not have to have the checkmark) and click Reset.  You will lose any
customizations you have made to all shortcut menus.

Alternatively, select Shortcut Menus (so it has a checkmark). This will
display available shortcut menus you can customize. Click on Misc to drop
that down. Click on "Project Window Form Folder" or "Project Window
Module/Class Folder" to expand it. Go back to the Customize dialog box and
change to the Commands tab. The menu will remain open so you can add command
to it. You'd want to add Remove <Item> (this is found under the Project
category). If you do this, you won't lose any customizations you've done.

It's not that uncommon to have lost standard or default commands in menus
and toolbars. To my knowledge, it's never been determined how or why this
occasionally happens. It just does.

--
Mike
Microsoft MVP Visual Basic

Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:45:34 GMT
 VB6 IDE right-click module remove

Quote:
> Using VB6 Enterprise.
> In the project explorer I used to have the option on right-clicking a
> module to remove that module.
> For some reason that option has gone and not sure how to get it back.
> Any ideas?

> RBS

Add-ind are usually the reason. Remove them, then re-add them one by one
until you find the one causing the problem.

Thu, 16 Dec 2010 21:45:10 GMT
 VB6 IDE right-click module remove
OK, the reset got it back.
No idea how it disappeared as I hadn't done IDE alterations at all. As you
say
it must be one of those unexplainable quirks.

RBS

Quote:

>> Using VB6 Enterprise.
>> In the project explorer I used to have the option on right-clicking a
>> module to remove that module.
>> For some reason that option has gone and not sure how to get it back.
>> Any ideas?

> Reset to default menus. Do this by right-clicking the toolbar and choosing
> Customize (or from the View menu, choose Toolbars, and then Customize).
> From the Toolbars tab of the Customize dialog box, click Shortcut Menus
> (it does not have to have the checkmark) and click Reset.  You will lose
> any customizations you have made to all shortcut menus.

> Alternatively, select Shortcut Menus (so it has a checkmark). This will
> display available shortcut menus you can customize. Click on Misc to drop
> that down. Click on "Project Window Form Folder" or "Project Window
> Module/Class Folder" to expand it. Go back to the Customize dialog box and
> change to the Commands tab. The menu will remain open so you can add
> command to it. You'd want to add Remove <Item> (this is found under the
> Project category). If you do this, you won't lose any customizations
> you've done.

> It's not that uncommon to have lost standard or default commands in menus
> and toolbars. To my knowledge, it's never been determined how or why this
> occasionally happens. It just does.

> --
> Mike
> Microsoft MVP Visual Basic

Fri, 17 Dec 2010 01:13:06 GMT

1. VB6 class module turns into regular module using VB6 IDE

2. Things I'd like to see under the IDE editor right click button

3. VB IDE Add on - Right-Click

4. How to remove textbox right mouse click menu?

5. How to remove textbox right mouse click menu?

6. Reduce or remove the right click menu in the webbrowser control

7. How to remove textbox right mouse click menu?

8. VB6 IDE BUG, Crash with Double Click

9. Disabling a text boxes right click menu (VB6)

10. Right Click Context Menu Handler from VB6?

11. VB6 MSChart runtime right click menu

12. Help: Detect Right-Click of specific Toolbar Button (VB6)