Windows 7 Update broke my code
Author Message
 Windows 7 Update broke my code

I have been developing an app in VB6.  My development machine is an XP Pro
machine but I have a Windows 7 box that I use for testing.   Everything has
been working great.....until today.    I use a text box that I have modified
to automatically capitalize the 1st letter of each word.    This ocx control
is based off of a text box.   On the Windows 7 box, it stopped working.
Does anyone have any knowledge of a change that would affect the behaviour of
a text box, or anything I can do to try to fix this?   This is used all
through my program.

Thanks in advance.

Kflash

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 06:58:01 GMT
 Windows 7 Update broke my code
Sorry for the previous post......rebooting does wonders.    Problem fixed.
Quote:

> I have been developing an app in VB6.  My development machine is an XP Pro
> machine but I have a Windows 7 box that I use for testing.   Everything has
> been working great.....until today.    I use a text box that I have modified
> to automatically capitalize the 1st letter of each word.    This ocx control
> is based off of a text box.   On the Windows 7 box, it stopped working.
> Does anyone have any knowledge of a change that would affect the behaviour of
> a text box, or anything I can do to try to fix this?   This is used all
> through my program.

> Thanks in advance.

> Kflash

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 07:10:06 GMT
 Windows 7 Update broke my code
kflash wrote :

Quote:
> Sorry for the previous post......rebooting does wonders.    Problem fixed.

You really oughta be apologizing for multiposting.  I just answered
this question elsewhere.

--
.NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 07:12:43 GMT
 Windows 7 Update broke my code

Quote:
> kflash wrote :
>> Sorry for the previous post......rebooting does wonders.    Problem
>> fixed.

> You really oughta be apologizing for multiposting.  I just answered this
> question elsewhere.

And probably for the subject used and jumping the gun to blame this on a
Win7 update.  Obviously, a Win7 update did NOT break the code.

--
Mike

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 08:41:31 GMT
 Windows 7 Update broke my code
on 2/2/2010, MikeD supposed :

Quote:

>> kflash wrote :
>>> Sorry for the previous post......rebooting does wonders.    Problem fixed.

>> You really oughta be apologizing for multiposting.  I just answered this
>> question elsewhere.

> And probably for the subject used and jumping the gun to blame this on a Win7
> update.  Obviously, a Win7 update did NOT break the code.

You might even argue the code was broken by design, for using an OCX
where a one-liner would do.

--
.NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

Sun, 22 Jul 2012 08:58:58 GMT

1. File System Object Scripts Broken After Windows Update

2. coding a break in code

3. How to I update my app the way Windows update works

4. Windows 95 vs. Windows NT Registry updates

5. Help: Caption update breaks screen saver

6. FYI: IE updates breaking in-page ActiveX controls

7. Shared variable not updating after page break

8. Updating textbox via code not updating recordset

9. Recordset.Update doesn't update on runtime only when debugging the code

10. Viewing Windows Forms After Break

11. Windows 95 Breaking problem