Resolving Pointers
Author Message
 Resolving Pointers

This may be related to the link you posted:

Raising Events From Objects In A Collection Without Circular Reference
Problems:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 14 Mar 2012 02:54:21 GMT
 Resolving Pointers
Thanks for that link, and that looks something that might be usable.

RBS

Quote:
> This may be related to the link you posted:

> Raising Events From Objects In A Collection Without Circular Reference
> Problems:
> http://www.mvps.org/vbvision/collection_events.htm

Wed, 14 Mar 2012 03:08:44 GMT
 Resolving Pointers

Quote:

> I can't take credit for the entire idea of doing this.  I got some of it
> from others.  Wish I could remember who.  <g> I think using SetProp and
> GetProp came from Karl, but IIRC, Karl used SetProp and GetProp to store the
> pointer to the previous window procedure (the one you replace when you
> create a subclass), at least in an example I got from Karl's web site.

Right, but I also stored a pointer to the object that would handle the message
notifications.  Looks like I even credit Bryan's site for that in MHookMe.bas found
here - http://vb.mvps.org/samples/HookMe

But I've since found a *FAR* more elegant way to do subclassing!  Would definitely
advise switching over.  It's using object pointers, but letting VB dereference them
for us.  New method - http://vb.mvps.org/samples/HookXP (despite the name, it works
in ancient operating systems, too).
--
.NET: It's About Trust!
 http://vfred.mvps.org

Sat, 17 Mar 2012 05:16:05 GMT

1. Tip: Resolving VB Pointer Madness

2. Tip: Resolving VB Pointer Madness

3. Tip: Resolving VB Pointer Madness

4. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

5. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

6. Passing pointer to a pointer or pointer to a char to a dll

7. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

8. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

9. How to use pointer and the pointer of pointedness pointer in vb

10. Pointer to pointer

11. how to pass a pointer to a pointer in a dll

12. Passing pointer to pointer to C struct from VB into a DLL