Excel workbook macro cannot find personal.xls
Author Message
 Excel workbook macro cannot find personal.xls

Starting with a macro and form attached to an Excel 2000 workbook I want to
execute a sub in my personal.xls file with a call sequence AddNew(filename as
string) but the original macro says that AddNew has not been defined, I
assume it can't find the file personal.xls and I have tried, after opening
the workbook and personal.xls, the following:

1. call  AddNew("filename")
2. call [personal.xls].AddNew("filename")
3. call [personal.xls]!AddNew("filename")

plus probably a few others.  The source code is with a group of associated
subs on sheet1 of personal.  Do I have to include that?  How?  I tried a
couple of different ways, to no avail.

And to think that I taught introductory VB a few years ago.

Thaks for your help.

Mon, 13 Dec 2010 05:56:00 GMT
 Excel workbook macro cannot find personal.xls

Quote:
> Starting with a macro and form attached to an Excel 2000 workbook I want
> execute a sub in my personal.xls file

From Excel itself or from a VB program? If Excel, you'd be better off asking
in microsoft.public.excel.programming.

Tue, 14 Dec 2010 01:37:36 GMT

1. Excel vba code not finding workbook, adds .xls extension

2. macros in personal workbook ?

3. CR 6 and Personal Oracle, Cannot find SQL server

4. Populating a ListBox via a VBA macro when opening an Excel Workbook

5. Usage of Excel addin macros in a workbook?

6. Usage of Excel addin macros in a workbook?

7. How do I Create an On-Open Macro for Excel Workbook

8. how delete a macro within an Excel Workbook by using VB

9. Embedding Excel Macro into Workbook

10. how delete a macro within an Excel Workbook by using VB

11. How to Run A Macro In An Excel WorkBook From Vb5

12. Path name in Excel workbook for Macro