detect active state of network map and show it
Author Message
 detect active state of network map and show it

Hello to you all

I want to be able to detect the state of all the network maps and when
it is active, I want to show it in a dialogbox. Any idea?
thanks
Catharinus van der Werf

Sun, 15 Jan 2012 15:19:33 GMT
 detect active state of network map and show it

Quote:
> Hello to you all

> I want to be able to detect the state of all the network maps and when
> it is active, I want to show it in a dialogbox. Any idea?
> thanks
> Catharinus van der Werf

Go here:
http://vbnet.mvps.org/
Click on Search VBNet
Search For: network

Mon, 16 Jan 2012 07:59:08 GMT
 detect active state of network map and show it

Quote:

> > Hello to you all

> > I want to be able to detect the state of all the network maps and when
> > it is active, I want to show it in a dialogbox. Any idea?
> > thanks
> > Catharinus van der Werf

> Go here:http://vbnet.mvps.org/
> Click on Search VBNet
> Search For: network

sorry, still use vb6

Sun, 15 Jan 2012 21:17:53 GMT
 detect active state of network map and show it

Quote:

> > > Hello to you all

> > > I want to be able to detect the state of all the network maps and when
> > > it is active, I want to show it in a dialogbox. Any idea?
> > > thanks
> > > Catharinus van der Werf

> > Go here:http://vbnet.mvps.org/
> > Click on Search VBNet
> > Search For: network

> sorry, still use vb6

lol

Ha, that bites him many times a day, and has for years. The "VBNet" name was
used far before MS exploited the term for its .Net Framework development
language.

Go ahead and visit the site - it is for 'real' VB. <smile>

-ralph

Sun, 15 Jan 2012 22:22:34 GMT
 detect active state of network map and show it

Quote:

> > > Go here:http://vbnet.mvps.org/
> > > Click on Search VBNet
> > > Search For: network

> > sorry, still use vb6

> lol

> Ha, that bites him many times a day, and has for years. The "VBNet" name was
> used far before MS exploited the term for its .Net Framework development
> language.

> Go ahead and visit the site - it is for 'real' VB. <smile>

> -ralph- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

I am not sure what I am looking.for. Hope is is  not the
browsforfolders form, because
with that dialog it is not possible (as far as I know) to detect
wheterh a Network foldder is
(still) active. I hope you just can give me some code to solve the
problem
Thanks in advance

Mon, 16 Jan 2012 01:34:28 GMT
 detect active state of network map and show it

Quote:

> detect wheterh a Network foldder is (still) active.
> I hope you just can give me some code to solve the problem

Define "active"
--
.NET: It's About Trust!
 http://vfred.mvps.org

Mon, 16 Jan 2012 04:39:34 GMT
 detect active state of network map and show it

<SNIP>

Quote:

> I am not sure what I am looking.for. Hope is is  not the
> browsforfolders form, because
> with that dialog it is not possible (as far as I know) to detect
> wheterh a Network foldder is
> (still) active. I hope you just can give me some code to solve the
> problem
> Thanks in advance

I thought you'd be looking for ......

IsNetDrive: Determining the Connection State of a Mapped Drive

which shows as the third hit when searching on 'network'

Mon, 16 Jan 2012 08:22:40 GMT
 detect active state of network map and show it

Quote:

> <SNIP>

> > I am not sure what I am looking.for. Hope is is ?not the
> > browsforfolders form, because
> > with that dialog it is not possible (as far as I know) to detect
> > wheterh a Network foldder is
> > (still) active. I hope you just can give me some code to solve the
> > problem
> > Thanks in advance

> I thought you'd be looking for ......

> IsNetDrive: Determining the Connection State of a Mapped Drive

> which shows as the third hit when searching on 'network'

Oke Dan, this is more what I am lookng for.
Nice to see a function that detects the state of a networkdrive.
But is there also a function that creates a networkdrive, so that it
gives a drive-letter to a shared network map on the/another computer?
Thanks
Catharinus

Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:59:31 GMT

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=map+network+drive+vb
--
.NET: It's About Trust!
 http://vfred.mvps.org

Tue, 17 Jan 2012 01:10:24 GMT
 detect active state of network map and show it

Quote:

> > But is there also a function that creates a networkdrive, so that it
> > gives a drive-letter to a shared network map on the/another computer?

> http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=map+network+drive+vb
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> ?http://vfred.mvps.org

Oke, but I still haven't found a good example out of al that (mess)

Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:21:00 GMT
 detect active state of network map and show it

Quote:

>> > But is there also a function that creates a networkdrive, so that it
>> > gives a drive-letter to a shared network map on the/another computer?

>> http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=map+network+drive+vb

> Oke, but I still haven't found a good example out of al that (mess)

Yer kidding?  Which one(s) did you try, and in what way(s) did you find them
lacking?
--
.NET: It's About Trust!
 http://vfred.mvps.org

Sat, 21 Jan 2012 04:37:54 GMT

1. Detecting network state

2. Show Map Network Dialogue Box

3. Showing Map Network Drive dialog

4. Detecting Newly Mapped Network Drive

5. Detecting Newly Mapped Network Drive

6. Detecting an active network connection?

7. get drive size from network network mapped drives

8. Connecting to network shares when network is detected only - help please

9. Datagrid checkbox not showing changed state.

10. Status Bar not showing correct state of insert key

11. Need to show ActiveX dll's state

12. How to detect state of shift key