System.MissingMethodException: Method not found
Author Message
 System.MissingMethodException: Method not found

For my program I use the following code:

Dim dr As DialogResult
    Dim ofd As New OpenFileDialog

    ofd.DefaultExt = "*.*"
    ofd.Filter = "All files|*.*"
    ofd.FilterIndex = 0

    ofd.Multiselect = False
    ofd.ReadOnlyChecked = True
    ofd.Title = "Selecteer de file"
    dr = ofd.ShowDialog()

    If dr = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Cancel Then Exit Sub

    Dim fileName As String = ofd.FileName

At my computer this works fine and no errors.
At a users computer I get the following error:

************** Exception Text **************
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String
System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.get_SafeFileName()'.
   at VDL_Stock.frmEditStuklijst.FileToevoegen()
   at VDL_Stock.frmEditStuklijst.llToevoegen_LinkClicked(Object sender,
LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
   at
System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg,
IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This user is like me using Vista.
My program is set to use only .NET 2.0

I do not user SafeFileName, so why this error?
How can I make this error go away?

rg,
Eric

Tue, 31 May 2011 23:13:04 GMT
 System.MissingMethodException: Method not found
[Canned response]
This is a VB "classic" newsgroup. Questions about VB.NET (including VB
2005/2008 and VB Express, which have dropped .NET from their names) are
off-topic here.

Please ask .NET questions in newsgroups with "dotnet" in their names. The
*.vb.* groups are for VB6 and earlier. If you don't see the *.dotnet.*
groups on your news server, connect directly to the Microsoft server:
msnews.microsoft.com.

For questions specific to the VB.NET language, use this group:
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Please note that things like controls and data access, which have their own
subgroups in the Classic VB hierarchy, are not language-specific in .NET, so
you should look for groups like these:
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms.controls
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet
(Note that "vb" is not present in the group name.)

Wed, 01 Jun 2011 02:49:08 GMT
 System.MissingMethodException: Method not found
Hi Eric,

Sounds like a strange one.  I'd hazard a guess it's a permissions issue, be
it Vista or .NET, that your code is not running as full trust and doesn't
have permission to get the path.  Any way, best to ask this in a .NET group
such as :

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Quote:
> For my program I use the following code:

> Dim dr As DialogResult
>    Dim ofd As New OpenFileDialog

>    ofd.DefaultExt = "*.*"
>    ofd.Filter = "All files|*.*"
>    ofd.FilterIndex = 0

>    ofd.Multiselect = False
>    ofd.ReadOnlyChecked = True
>    ofd.Title = "Selecteer de file"
>    dr = ofd.ShowDialog()

>    If dr = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Cancel Then Exit Sub

>    Dim fileName As String = ofd.FileName

> At my computer this works fine and no errors.
> At a users computer I get the following error:

> ************** Exception Text **************
> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String
> System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog.get_SafeFileName()'.
>   at VDL_Stock.frmEditStuklijst.FileToevoegen()
>   at VDL_Stock.frmEditStuklijst.llToevoegen_LinkClicked(Object sender,
> LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs e)
>   at
> System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnLinkClicked(LinkLabelLinkClickedEventArgs
> e)
>   at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
>   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
> button, Int32 clicks)
>   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
>   at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
>   at System.Windows.Forms.LinkLabel.WndProc(Message& msg)
>   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message&
> m)
>   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
>   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg,
> IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

> This user is like me using Vista.
> My program is set to use only .NET 2.0

> I do not user SafeFileName, so why this error?
> How can I make this error go away?

> rg,
> Eric

Wed, 01 Jun 2011 11:30:29 GMT

1. System.MissingMethodException

2. Error 5918 - The property or method is not available on this system

3. Method or data member not found(Code Problem with rs.getVal1)

4. ListObjects.AddItem Method Not Found

5. Method or Data member not found - rs.Edit?

6. Method or Data Member Not Found

7. Method or Data member not found

8. Find method IS NOT like WHERE clause...

9. Method or Data Member not found???

10. Method or data member not found

11. Method or data member not found

12. Method or data member could not be found!