Activex componet can not create error in Windows Server 2008
Author Message
 Activex componet can not create error in Windows Server 2008

We've developed an application in vb6. There are few no.of our own com
objects (dlls) and OCXs were referred in this application. This application
is working perfectly in all other OS except Windows Server 2008. Here it is
showing "Activex components can not  create" error.

There is no error at the time of registering dlls and ocxs. If anybody have
idea about this issue pls help us to solve it.

Regards,
Rishi

Sat, 23 Jun 2012 20:16:02 GMT
 Activex componet can not create error in Windows Server 2008

released on Tue, 5 Jan 2010 04:16:02 -0800 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:
>We've developed an application in vb6. There are few no.of our own com
>objects (dlls) and OCXs were referred in this application. This application
>is working perfectly in all other OS except Windows Server 2008. Here it is
>showing "Activex components can not  create" error.

>There is no error at the time of registering dlls and ocxs. If anybody have
>idea about this issue pls help us to solve it.

Well what line of code does the error occur on?
--
Jan Hyde

Sat, 23 Jun 2012 23:49:03 GMT
 Activex componet can not create error in Windows Server 2008

Quote:

> We've developed an application in vb6. There are few no.of our own com
> objects (dlls) and OCXs were referred in this application. This
> application is working perfectly in all other OS except Windows
> Server 2008. Here it is showing "Activex components can not  create"
> error.

> There is no error at the time of registering dlls and ocxs. If
> anybody have idea about this issue pls help us to solve it.

Within the same context as your applications simply check the Registry to
see if those ProgIds or ClassIDs are exposed for that user.

Often it is not the "top-level" component that is at fault but another
component/s it is dependent upon that is not registered or available. Run a
Dependancy Checker.

-ralph

Sun, 24 Jun 2012 00:51:36 GMT
 Activex componet can not create error in Windows Server 2008

We've developed an application in vb6. There are few no.of our own com
objects (dlls) and OCXs were referred in this application. This application
is working perfectly in all other OS except Windows Server 2008. Here it is
showing "Activex components can not  create" error.

There is no error at the time of registering dlls and ocxs. If anybody have
idea about this issue pls help us to solve it.

I would suspect a permissions problem. Make certain that the user account (local?) under which your
application runs has sufficient permissions to the components and the Visual Basic runtime (and any
other dependent files).

You can also use the Process Explorer and Process Monitor utilities to troubleshoot this issue.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Sun, 24 Jun 2012 05:20:54 GMT

1. VB 6.0 windows form not displaying properly in windows server 2008

2. ActiveX componet can't create object (Runtime Error 429)

3. Visual Basic 2008 & Visual Studio 2008

4. Windows 2008/Vista services

5. VB6 service under Server 2008 can't run another VB application

6. Wide Area connection to SQL server 2008 Express via broadband

7. SQL Server 2008 remote connection fails

8. VB.NET 2008 not backward compatable?

9. activex componet can't create object....

10. Visual Basic Express 2008 Custom Error Message

11. VB5 (SP3) Componets Window not Displaying....System Error.

12. Debugging COM+ Componets -- Runtime error 91- Object variable or with block not set