how do I get the version dates in vb
Author Message
 how do I get the version dates in vb

I am new to vb and was wondering if there is an equivalent to the __DATE__
and __TIME__ macros in C/C++.

That is I'd like to get the date/time the program was "compiled".

Is there an easy way to get this?

Thanks a lot in advance,
--TFS
--

Mon, 13 Feb 2012 23:54:40 GMT
 how do I get the version dates in vb

Quote:
>I am new to vb and was wondering if there is an equivalent to the __DATE__
>and __TIME__ macros in C/C++.

> That is I'd like to get the date/time the program was "compiled".

> Is there an easy way to get this?

There is no such thing in VB6, but you could get the path to your own EXE
(App.Path & "\" & App.EXEName), then get the file's date and time.

Another option is to make an Addin. You can intercept a compile or Run and
do what you want. See ImmClear Addin below, which you can use as a template.
Look for "EnterRunMode" event. This event fires just when you run a project.
There is also "BeginCompile" event in the drop down, but it's not used in
this Addin.

http://www.lockdesign.co.uk/immcldl.htm

Tue, 14 Feb 2012 00:04:58 GMT
 how do I get the version dates in vb
TFS escribi:

Quote:
> I am new to vb and was wondering if there is an equivalent to the __DATE__
> and __TIME__ macros in C/C++.

> That is I'd like to get the date/time the program was "compiled".

> Is there an easy way to get this?

Humm, not too easy, but you can.

Check this code: http://www.vb-helper.com/howto_file_times.html
(download link at the botton)

Change the Form_Load code to:

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim file_name As String

     file_name = App.Path & "\" & App.EXEName & ".exe"
     Text1.Text = file_name
End Sub

Compile and run the exe.

Tue, 14 Feb 2012 18:29:25 GMT
 how do I get the version dates in vb
Thanks for the help.

I think this should work.

Unfortunately I don't see anything called "App" anywhere in the "solution"
let alone App.Path. :-)

How do I find this?

I'm using VB Basic 2008 if that matters.

Thanks a lot in advance
--TFS

Quote:
>I am new to vb and was wondering if there is an equivalent to the __DATE__
>and __TIME__ macros in C/C++.

> That is I'd like to get the date/time the program was "compiled".

> Is there an easy way to get this?

> Thanks a lot in advance,
> --TFS
> --

Sat, 18 Feb 2012 04:02:36 GMT
 how do I get the version dates in vb

Quote:

> I'm using VB Basic 2008 if that matters.

It does matter. This group is not for VB.NET (which your version is). This
group provides support for Classic VB, which includes version 6 and earlier.

For VB.NET support look for newsgroups with 'dotnet' in the name, such as
'microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb'

Posting to the correct newsgroup drastically increases your chances of
getting a reply that applies to your issue.

Sat, 18 Feb 2012 04:13:28 GMT

1. Getting Information on a DLL'd date or version using VBA

2. getting version of vb.net's exe ...

3. Getting driver file version information via vbscript or VB

4. Getting VB Version Number

5. Getting file versions with VB

6. Getting the version number of an VB application.

7. Getting driver file version information via vbscript or VB

8. Getting VB Version 5.5

9. Getting IE version from VB

10. Getting Access DB Version from VB

11. Getting Windows Version in VB

12. VBA date query - not getting current date