Vista Aero vs XP Control Size 
Author Message
 Vista Aero vs XP Control Size

VB6
How do I determine the usable width of a form  so that when my app runs on
Vista it does not get some controls cut off on the left and right side.  
Currently my UserControl gets chopped on Vista and not on XP.  I would like
my usercontrol to span the entire visible form width.
If I could get a usable width then I could adjust the control width
appropriately.


Fri, 01 Jul 2011 02:42:02 GMT  
 Vista Aero vs XP Control Size

Quote:
> VB6
> How do I determine the usable width of a form  so that when my app runs on
> Vista it does not get some controls cut off on the left and right side.
> Currently my UserControl gets chopped on Vista and not on XP.  I would
> like
> my usercontrol to span the entire visible form width.
> If I could get a usable width then I could adjust the control width
> appropriately.

Use the form's ScaleWidth and ScaleHeight instead. Width/Height properties
include the form border.


Fri, 01 Jul 2011 02:44:48 GMT  
 Vista Aero vs XP Control Size
Thank you!
Quote:



> > VB6
> > How do I determine the usable width of a form  so that when my app runs on
> > Vista it does not get some controls cut off on the left and right side.
> > Currently my UserControl gets chopped on Vista and not on XP.  I would
> > like
> > my usercontrol to span the entire visible form width.
> > If I could get a usable width then I could adjust the control width
> > appropriately.

> Use the form's ScaleWidth and ScaleHeight instead. Width/Height properties
> include the form border.



Fri, 01 Jul 2011 03:13:02 GMT  
 Vista Aero vs XP Control Size
Just an FYI but it's ALWAYS been that you should use ScaleHeight and
ScaleWidth when sizing/positioning controls. Forms have always had
borders...they're just bigger in Vista.

Mike


Quote:
> Thank you!




>> > VB6
>> > How do I determine the usable width of a form  so that when my app runs
>> > on
>> > Vista it does not get some controls cut off on the left and right side.
>> > Currently my UserControl gets chopped on Vista and not on XP.  I would
>> > like
>> > my usercontrol to span the entire visible form width.
>> > If I could get a usable width then I could adjust the control width
>> > appropriately.

>> Use the form's ScaleWidth and ScaleHeight instead. Width/Height
>> properties
>> include the form border.



Fri, 01 Jul 2011 08:34:43 GMT  
 Vista Aero vs XP Control Size
All I remembered about scale... was that it was used to change uints and do
not think I ever knew it was "within borders".
Old guy learns new trick. Ruff!
Event the simple ones are missed.
Quote:

> Just an FYI but it's ALWAYS been that you should use ScaleHeight and
> ScaleWidth when sizing/positioning controls. Forms have always had
> borders...they're just bigger in Vista.

> Mike



> > Thank you!




> >> > VB6
> >> > How do I determine the usable width of a form  so that when my app runs
> >> > on
> >> > Vista it does not get some controls cut off on the left and right side.
> >> > Currently my UserControl gets chopped on Vista and not on XP.  I would
> >> > like
> >> > my usercontrol to span the entire visible form width.
> >> > If I could get a usable width then I could adjust the control width
> >> > appropriately.

> >> Use the form's ScaleWidth and ScaleHeight instead. Width/Height
> >> properties
> >> include the form border.



Fri, 01 Jul 2011 09:54:01 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. VB6 Browser Control vs. Internet Explorer under Vista

2. Aero Glass Control Text Problem

3. Runs over Vista or XP?

4. create desktop shortcut when app installed w/P&D installer for XP,Vista,W7

5. Vista Crashes, XP does not

6. Make XP work like Vista

7. excel application fails in vista not in XP

8. XP/Vista Visual Styles & Focus Rectangle

9. VB on Vista, XP

10. Fetching Webpage Works in XP not in Vista?

11. VB6 on Vista vs DirectX

12. Vista vs the Toolbar

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software