Why Don't Tabs Move to Next Text Box on Webpage?
Author Message
 Why Don't Tabs Move to Next Text Box on Webpage?

Quote:
> Why doesn't it work the same way with a pasted string containing tabs?

Bcause u dont use sendkeys and appactivate, as one might to get it
working...

Sat, 18 Feb 2012 10:50:36 GMT
 Why Don't Tabs Move to Next Text Box on Webpage?

Quote:

>>> Why doesn't it work the same way with a pasted string containing tabs?

>>Bcause u dont use sendkeys and appactivate, as one might to get it
>>working...

>I'm trying to do this with a Windows Clipboard paste, which can't do
>sendkeys or appactivate.

Paste pastes text into a UI element, it doesn't simulate keyboard input.

In other words, you can't do what you want how how want to do it. Pick
another means. Personally, I suggest automating the MSHTML interface to
fill in the text boxes.

--
--------- Scott Seligman <scott at <firstname> and michelle dot net> ---------
   What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it

Sat, 18 Feb 2012 13:30:20 GMT
 Why Don't Tabs Move to Next Text Box on Webpage?

Quote:

>Place the cursor in the first textbox (all these words:) and paste,
>instead of putting A in the first box then moving to the second box
>and putting B, and so on, it puts A thru D in the first box separated
>by spaces that I assume are the tabs.

Doesn't work that way.

Take A, B, C, and D and split them using the tab as a delimiter.  Put
them into an array.  Create an array of text boxes.  Iterate through the
variable array and text boxes.

For instance:
dim v
v=split(ABCD,vbtab)
for i%=0 to ubound(v$)-1
   text1(i%).text=v$(i%)
next

Or use a grid where the tabs will indeed line up with the cells.

--
DK does PC tech support for business & personal users, and
is the toast of the Rite Spot cafe when Annie isn't working.

Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:23:37 GMT
 Why Don't Tabs Move to Next Text Box on Webpage?

Quote:

> Take A, B, C, and D and split them using the tab as a delimiter.  Put
> them into an array.  Create an array of text boxes.  Iterate through the
> variable array and text boxes.

> For instance:
> dim v
> v=split(ABCD,vbtab)
> for i%=0 to ubound(v$)-1
>   text1(i%).text=v$(i%)
> next

> Or use a grid where the tabs will indeed line up with the cells.

I believe the OP is trying to auto populate a web page using VB and the
Windows Clipboard, so your suggestion won't work in that case.

Mon, 20 Feb 2012 01:17:23 GMT

1. Newbie Question - Moving from text box to text box (without tab)

2. Moving to the next text box.

3. Why do text boxes 'beep'?

4. VB Text boxes don't work when editing

5. Right aligned text boxes don't right align

6. Right justified text boxes don't display on Win 3.1

7. Databound combo boxes don't populate text field after Find

8. Why don't my exe's and ocx's unregister

9. Causing the cursor moves to next tab stop when a field has reached its maximum

10. Automatically moving to next control in tab order

11. Moving to next tab index control via API.

12. Tabbing from text box to text box using the enter key