Problems with image control on form
Author Message
 Problems with image control on form
This s/b pretty basic but I rarely use an image control.

In re: VB5:

When placing an image control directly on a form, the control never shows.
However, if the same control is put in a frame on the form it shows as it
should.

Is this normal or am I missing some setting?

Wed, 18 Jan 2012 00:45:42 GMT
 Problems with image control on form

Quote:
> This s/b pretty basic but I rarely use an image control.

> In re: VB5:

> When placing an image control directly on a form, the control never shows.
> However, if the same control is put in a frame on the form it shows as it
> should.

> Is this normal or am I missing some setting?

You probably need to clarify. Have you added a picture to the image control?
If not, add a picture. Do you see the picture? The image control is mostly
transparent until it has a picture to display, but even without a picture
you should see its borders. Another possiblity is that the image control is
behind another control.   Because an image control is not a windowed
control, it always appears behind most other controls and you can't bring it
in front of them.

--
Mike

Wed, 18 Jan 2012 06:58:58 GMT
 Problems with image control on form
Thanks for response MikeD.

This is resolved.

FWIW:

I had forgot I was autoresizing the MSFlexgrid which is also on the form in
the Form.Resize Event.

Since the image control is a "windowless" control the
MSFlexgrid was was on top and hiding the image control.

Will chalk it up to a "bad" Friday.

David

Quote:

>> This s/b pretty basic but I rarely use an image control.

>> In re: VB5:

>> When placing an image control directly on a form, the control never
>> shows. However, if the same control is put in a frame on the form it
>> shows as it should.

>> Is this normal or am I missing some setting?

> You probably need to clarify. Have you added a picture to the image
> control? If not, add a picture. Do you see the picture? The image control
> is mostly transparent until it has a picture to display, but even without
> a picture you should see its borders. Another possiblity is that the image
> control is behind another control.   Because an image control is not a
> windowed control, it always appears behind most other controls and you
> can't bring it in front of them.

> --
> Mike

Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:44:50 GMT

1. Windows Imaging image control problem

2. Image Control Supplied By Image List Control

3. Image Controls in a Word Form

4. Image Controls in a Word Form

5. VB.NET: Form slowly redraws background image behind transparent controls

6. Pictuebox or Image control to centre on form

7. Move a Image Control into a form

8. Controlling MS Paper from a form/MS Office Document Scanning/Imaging

9. place image controls on form at runtime

10. Problem with Image control, nothing there after sending

11. ImageList Control Problem removing an image