API Help
Author Message
 API Help

I was trying to find out how to open the Windows Record Volume control and
could not find anything relevant.
I found the MS site VB6 code to work with the volume control but it has a
bunch of errors and missing defs.   http://www.*-*-*.com/

e.g. the definition of the following is missing.

MIXER_SETCONTROLDETAILSF_VALUE

what is this equal to?

My API Viewer does not have any of these.
Where can I find things like this in general?

Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:08:24 GMT
 API Help
Qusetions still apply.
But I guessed at 0 based on some other info I found for that constant and
fixed the other errors to find that the Mixer operations work but the
microphone operations return an error code = 11.

So, does that mean that it is failing or does it mean that the laptop i am
on has no microphone volume control?
I know it has a mic since I have just used it.
I also see that the record options are grayed out on the tray volume control.

Anyone can explain?

Quote:

> I was trying to find out how to open the Windows Record Volume control and
> could not find anything relevant.
> I found the MS site VB6 code to work with the volume control but it has a
> bunch of errors and missing defs.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178456

> e.g. the definition of the following is missing.

> MIXER_SETCONTROLDETAILSF_VALUE

> what is this equal to?

> My API Viewer does not have any of these.
> Where can I find things like this in general?

Sun, 12 Feb 2012 09:19:02 GMT
 API Help

Quote:
> microphone operations return an error code = 11.

>> MIXER_SETCONTROLDETAILSF_VALUE

Use this API viewer:

http://www.activevb.de/rubriken/apiviewer/index-apiviewereng.html

Error code 11 depends on what function you used. If it's one of the mixer
functions, it means MMSYSERR_INVALPARAM. The API viewer above has both
constants.

Sun, 12 Feb 2012 10:15:09 GMT
 API Help
The answer is on Google.  But since you did not try that first, I'll leave
it up to you to look for yourself.  :)

--
2025
If you do not believe in time travel,

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43606237254

|I was trying to find out how to open the Windows Record Volume control and
| could not find anything relevant.
| I found the MS site VB6 code to work with the volume control but it has a
| bunch of errors and missing defs.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178456
|
| e.g. the definition of the following is missing.
|
| MIXER_SETCONTROLDETAILSF_VALUE
|
| what is this equal to?
|
| My API Viewer does not have any of these.
| Where can I find things like this in general?

Sun, 12 Feb 2012 10:59:37 GMT
 API Help

Quote:
> I was trying to find out how to open the Windows Record Volume
> control and could not find anything relevant.
> I found the MS site VB6 code to work with the volume control but it
> has a bunch of errors and missing defs.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178456

> e.g. the definition of the following is missing.

> MIXER_SETCONTROLDETAILSF_VALUE

> what is this equal to?

> My API Viewer does not have any of these.
> Where can I find things like this in general?

Best place to look for API Stuff is http://allapi.mentalis.org/

This in particular -
http://allapi.mentalis.org/apilist/mixerSetControlDetails.shtml for what you
are after.

--
Regards

Michael Cole

Sun, 12 Feb 2012 11:06:09 GMT

1. API help: The Kamikaze API Guide - please read

2. WIN 2k API vs WIN 98/WIN NT API - Help needed

3. Latest API Constants/Declares/Types text file and API help

4. Mci Api help Using the cd with api ?

5. Help:Netware API Help File(in Windows Help file format)

6. shellexecute api help help

7. WIN Help API HELP

8. VB5.0 & Clarion Dll (API) --HELP HELP

9. Api Help please Help

10. Api Help please Help

11. API Help

12. API Help: IsComboBoxOpen?