Event when Form has resized
Author Message
 Event when Form has resized

Dear all
Sorry to bother you again.
Is there a way to have an event when a form has finished its resizing?
If I resize a form with the mouse I will immediately get the Form_Resize
fired when I start to resize the form.
I like to have an event in case I have released the mousebutton  and have
finished resizing the form?
Can I do this somehow with a combination of Form_Resize and Form_MouseUp or
is there another way?
Regards
Peter

Fri, 17 Jun 2011 03:46:34 GMT
 Event when Form has resized

Quote:

>Is there a way to have an event when a form has finished its resizing?
>If I resize a form with the mouse I will immediately get the Form_Resize
>fired when I start to resize the form.
>I like to have an event in case I have released the mousebutton  and have
>finished resizing the form?
>Can I do this somehow with a combination of Form_Resize and Form_MouseUp or
>is there another way?

You'll have to subclass the form and listen for WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE and
WM_EXITSIZEMOVE:

Public Const WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE = &H231
Public Const WM_EXITSIZEMOVE = &H232

WM_EXITSIZEMOVE is fired when the mousebutton is released after resizing
the form.

Wolfgang

Fri, 17 Jun 2011 05:13:40 GMT
 Event when Form has resized
Many Thanks for your fast answer!
Because I already have code to subclass the messages of a form I could
quickly test it and it works great!
Regards
Peter

Quote:

>>Is there a way to have an event when a form has finished its resizing?
>>If I resize a form with the mouse I will immediately get the Form_Resize
>>fired when I start to resize the form.
>>I like to have an event in case I have released the mousebutton  and have
>>finished resizing the form?
>>Can I do this somehow with a combination of Form_Resize and Form_MouseUp
>>or
>>is there another way?

> You'll have to subclass the form and listen for WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE and
> WM_EXITSIZEMOVE:

> Public Const WM_ENTERSIZEMOVE = &H231
> Public Const WM_EXITSIZEMOVE = &H232

> WM_EXITSIZEMOVE is fired when the mousebutton is released after resizing
> the form.

> Wolfgang

Fri, 17 Jun 2011 06:14:03 GMT

1. Dynamic Labels with Events - having probs with events part

2. Resize Event fires during Form Load

3. Resize Form Event

4. Managing object positions during a form-resize event

5. Resize event and form height

6. Implementing the Form Resize event?

7. VB form resize problem, form_resize event

8. Resize event for form: Who moved where?!

9. Sizable form with resize event suppressed

10. Bug in Calling Form Resize Event

11. mid child form resize event

12. Force form resize event