RichTextBox
Author Message
 RichTextBox

VB6SP6

(1) what are the rules / ability of a RTB containing a photo?
i.e. how do I get one in?
programmatically and manually?
How do I place it?
How to move it about?
How do I get it out.
I have been fiddling with this and not sure how to do it.

(2) I am trying to write RTB code to do the following:
a)Load in a bunch of test.
b)Search the text for a word.
c)Color the word.
d)Continue the search to color the next word.
I can do (a) thru (c), but at (d) the pointer gets messed up and the cursor
seems to be in the wrong place.
I know that coloring the text adds characters to the RTB but I am not sure
how to compensate for that so all my "pointers" are set correctly.

Wed, 17 Aug 2011 00:35:04 GMT
 RichTextBox
As far as I remember I once could insert a bitmap via
clipboard copy/paste. But there is no easy way to float the
text around the picture, f.e. like in Word, or to address
the encapsulated image. A rich text box is not a complete
word processor.

Concerning cursor positioning you don't have to count the
RTFtext's characters, simply count the visible text's
characters, f.e. like
RTFBox.SelStart=10        'position cursor to visible char
RTFBox.SelLength=5        'set next 5 char highlighted
RTFBox.SelText="anything"    'replace highlighted text by
"anything"
This is all independent from existing formatings.

Sun, 21 Aug 2011 21:58:27 GMT

1. Echo RichTextBox to RichTextBox

2. Richtextbox control :programmatically formatting

3. Access2000 RichTextBox

4. Paste RichTextBox contents into Word

5. RichTextBox SelBullet property

6. Getting formatted text from Word into Richtextbox

7. Body Messagge To RichTextBox

8. RichTextBox

9. Populating .RTF file into Richtextbox

10. textfragments / richtextbox

11. Inserting an image into a richtextbox:

12. RichTextBox Focus