saving data's in sstabs in one command button
Author Message
 saving data's in sstabs in one command button

Im trying to figure out to save all data's in one single command button
My sstab consist of 4 diffrerent catgories:
      general info
      educational background
      work experience
      work contribution

Fri, 04 Mar 2011 21:20:16 GMT
 saving data's in sstabs in one command button

15 Sep 2008 13:20:16 GMT bearing the following fruit:

Quote:
>Im trying to figure out to save all data's in one single command button
>My sstab consist of 4 diffrerent catgories:
>      general info
>      educational background
>      work experience
>      work contribution

You'll have to explain the problem because I don't see why
an sstab would make any difference to how you save the data.

--
Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Jan.Hyde

Fri, 04 Mar 2011 22:38:06 GMT
 saving data's in sstabs in one command button

Quote:
> >Im trying to figure out to save all data's in one single command button
> >My sstab consist of 4 diffrerent catgories:
> >      general info
> >      educational background
> >      work experience
> >      work contribution

> You'll have to explain the problem because I don't see why
> an sstab would make any difference to how you save the data.

Homework alert!  That looks more like an assignment than some
real world problem (he he)

LFS

Fri, 04 Mar 2011 22:56:51 GMT
 saving data's in sstabs in one command button

were released on Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:56:51 -0500 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:

>> >Im trying to figure out to save all data's in one single command button

>> >My sstab consist of 4 diffrerent catgories:
>> >      general info
>> >      educational background
>> >      work experience
>> >      work contribution

>> You'll have to explain the problem because I don't see why
>> an sstab would make any difference to how you save the data.

>Homework alert!  That looks more like an assignment than some
>real world problem (he he)

>LFS

Maybe, but if 'she' really is 50 then I'll bet she *is* the
vb tutor ;-)

--
Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Jan.Hyde

Sat, 05 Mar 2011 00:14:03 GMT
 saving data's in sstabs in one command button

Quote:

>15 Sep 2008 13:20:16 GMT bearing the following fruit:

>>Im trying to figure out to save all data's in one single command button
>>My sstab consist of 4 diffrerent catgories:

>        general info
>>      educational background
>>      work experience
>>      work contribution
>You'll have to explain the problem because I don't see why
>an sstab would make any difference to how you save the data.

>--
>Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

>https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Jan.Hyde

Thanks for the immediate response,

first my data are in acess with the following tables,
             pernoal Info
             educational background

Quote:
>>        work experience
>>        work contribution

to acess the above data, i have  use adodc.(It works on the first tab)
however to configure with the second tab, the only way to access the
educational background table is to create new adodcc control and with that my
command button to save wont work to save the second tab data as well as the
other tabs

the following are my codes with save command button
question: where and what should I add to make it work

thanks

Sat, 05 Mar 2011 07:47:04 GMT
 saving data's in sstabs in one command button

Quote:

>15 Sep 2008 13:20:16 GMT bearing the following fruit:

>>Im trying to figure out to save all data's in one single command button
>>My sstab consist of 4 diffrerent catgories:

>        general info
>>      educational background
>>      work experience
>>      work contribution
>You'll have to explain the problem because I don't see why
>an sstab would make any difference to how you save the data.

>--
>Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

>https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Jan.Hyde

Thanks for the immediate response,

first my data are in acess with the following tables,
             pernoal Info
             educational background

Quote:
>>        work experience
>>        work contribution

to acess the above data, i have  use adodc.(It works on the first tab)
however to configure with the second tab, the only way to access the
educational background table is to create new adodcc control and with that my
command button to save wont work to save the second tab data as well as the
other tabs

the following are my codes with save command button
Adodb1.Recordset.Update

    Text1 = Text1.Text
    MsgBox "THE CONTENT HAVE BEEN SAVE" + vbNewLine + "Last Name=" +
txtLastName + vbNewLine + "First Name=" + txtGivenName, vbOKOnly, "Database
Function"
    Adodb1.Recordset.MoveNext
    txtLastName.SetFocus
question: where and what should I add to make it work

thanks

Sat, 05 Mar 2011 07:48:44 GMT
 saving data's in sstabs in one command button

were released on Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:47:04 GMT bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:

>>15 Sep 2008 13:20:16 GMT bearing the following fruit:

>>>Im trying to figure out to save all data's in one single command button
>>>My sstab consist of 4 diffrerent catgories:

>>        general info
>>>      educational background
>>>      work experience
>>>      work contribution
>>You'll have to explain the problem because I don't see why
>>an sstab would make any difference to how you save the data.

>>--
>>Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

>>https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Jan.Hyde

>Thanks for the immediate response,

>first my data are in acess with the following tables,
>             pernoal Info
>             educational background
>>>        work experience
>>>        work contribution

>to acess the above data, i have  use adodc.(It works on the first tab)

Let me stop you right, there - you don't have to used adodc
and I suggest you don't.

Quote:
>however to configure with the second tab, the only way to access the
>educational background table is to create new adodcc control and with that my
>command button to save wont work to save the second tab data as well as the
>other tabs

>the following are my codes with save command button
>question: where and what should I add to make it work

Learn how to use recordsets and connections and all your
troubles will melt away.

--
Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Jan.Hyde

Sun, 06 Mar 2011 16:35:58 GMT
 saving data's in sstabs in one command button

Quote:

>were released on Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:47:04 GMT bearing the
>following fruit:

>>>15 Sep 2008 13:20:16 GMT bearing the following fruit:
>[quoted text clipped - 23 lines]

>>to acess the above data, i have  use adodc.(It works on the first tab)

>Let me stop you right, there - you don't have to used adodc
>and I suggest you don't.

>>however to configure with the second tab, the only way to access the
>>educational background table is to create new adodcc control and with that my
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>the following are my codes with save command button
>>question: where and what should I add to make it work

>Learn how to use recordsets and connections and all your
>troubles will melt away.

>--
>Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

>https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Jan.Hyde

17Sept2008

 thanks for your advice and it is wll taken, However where can I learn those
things?  kindly provide me list of referrences to guide me.

Thank You Very much

Sun, 06 Mar 2011 17:00:12 GMT
 saving data's in sstabs in one command button

Quote:

>  thanks for your advice and it is wll taken, However where can I learn
those
> things?  kindly provide me list of referrences to guide me.

The easiest way to discover the difference between Bounded and Unbounded
controls is to use the "VB Data Form Wizard".

1) Open VB and Select a Standard Project
2) In the project panel right-click on Forms.
3) Select Add...
4) Follow the dialogs to enter a database.
    If using Access select it, if using another database select
"Remote(ODBC)".
    Don't worry if you are going to use ODBC in the finished product, this
is just a test.
5) You will come to a dialog that will ask you for a Form Layout.
     Select "Single Record"
6) In the "Binding Type" group
    Select "ADO Data Control"
    That's how you are doing it now.
7) Create another Form same as above except select "ADO Code".
 Comparing the two Forms will give you a good idea of the differences, and
properties used.

The third method "Class" creates a data-aware class. This might be slightly
beyond your current skill-level (my apologies if it is not). Data-aware
classes are a kind of middle ground between the two. It provides the
high-level convenience of bounded controls, yet still allows the flexibility
of unbound, and packages data handling separate from presentation.

hth
-ralph

Sun, 06 Mar 2011 22:18:17 GMT
 saving data's in sstabs in one command button

Quote:

>>  thanks for your advice and it is wll taken, However where can I learn those
>> things?  kindly provide me list of referrences to guide me.

>The easiest way to discover the difference between Bounded and Unbounded
>controls is to use the "VB Data Form Wizard".

>1) Open VB and Select a Standard Project
>2) In the project panel right-click on Forms.
>3) Select Add...
>4) Follow the dialogs to enter a database.
>    If using Access select it, if using another database select
>"Remote(ODBC)".
>    Don't worry if you are going to use ODBC in the finished product, this
>is just a test.
>5) You will come to a dialog that will ask you for a Form Layout.
>     Select "Single Record"
>6) In the "Binding Type" group
>    Select "ADO Data Control"
>    That's how you are doing it now.
>7) Create another Form same as above except select "ADO Code".
> Comparing the two Forms will give you a good idea of the differences, and
>properties used.

>The third method "Class" creates a data-aware class. This might be slightly
>beyond your current skill-level (my apologies if it is not). Data-aware
>classes are a kind of middle ground between the two. It provides the
>high-level convenience of bounded controls, yet still allows the flexibility
>of unbound, and packages data handling separate from presentation.

>hth
>-ralph

18Sept2008

 thanks, Ralph
     I will follow your advice.
    It is rally hard to be a newbie but my mind is set to learn vb however
all I need is good instructor
    that has patience to understand newbie like me eager to learn

     get back to you later

Mon, 07 Mar 2011 12:53:37 GMT

1. Sheridan's Data Command Buttons Problem

2. SSTab, Command buttons, and resizing problem

3. Button For 'Save Sent Messages'

4. 'Pressed' command button

5. Command Button 'Default' Property

6. Command bar: Save from one profile and restore to another

7. Help file (How) do I open one with command button

8. Deactivate Command Button after one press

9. Here's One For You....Right Mouse Button Problems

10. It's only one little command!

11. command button based on using SQL in On Cick's VBA

12. Command button won't make use of module driving MS Project from MS Access 2000