Running VB.Net code as a service
Author Message
 Running VB.Net code as a service

Is it possible to run a VB.Net program as a stand-alone service on a server?
Any information that could point me to a resource on how to do this would be
appreciated.

Fri, 01 Jul 2011 19:49:01 GMT
 Running VB.Net code as a service
Hi dhstein,

Yes you can create both web service and windows services etc.
To get help with either of them, best to post in the dotnet forums such as :

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Quote:
> Is it possible to run a VB.Net program as a stand-alone service on a
> server?
> Any information that could point me to a resource on how to do this would
> be
> appreciated.

Fri, 01 Jul 2011 20:09:06 GMT
 Running VB.Net code as a service

Quote:

> Is it possible to run a VB.Net program as a stand-alone service on
> a server? Any information that could point me to a resource on how
> to do this would be appreciated.

This group is for VB6 and earlier. Try your question in a group that
has "dotnet" in its name.

--
   Jim Mack
   Twisted tees at http://www.cafepress.com/2050inc

Fri, 01 Jul 2011 20:55:10 GMT
 Running VB.Net code as a service
If you mean Windows Service, not Web Service, I have a (VB 2005) document,
with code example, on my homepage under Software Downloads.

Dick

--
Richard Grier, MVP
Hard & Software

Sat, 02 Jul 2011 01:54:42 GMT
 Running VB.Net code as a service

Quote:
> If you mean Windows Service, not Web Service, I have a
> (VB 2005) document, with code example, on my homepage
> under Software Downloads.

That's nice. How about you convert that to RealBasic and post it on the
Delphi group?

Mike

Sat, 02 Jul 2011 02:18:38 GMT

1. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

2. Timer Stops firing when 2 VB.NET services running

3. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

4. Created and installed VB.Net service but don't see it in services

5. Windows Service in VB.NET - Failed to process service command

6. vb.net code transform to asp.net code?

7. Running VB code generated by the DTS wizard in .NET

8. Timer stops firing when 2 .net services running on same machine

9. Smtp not running in the IIS Services panel on a W2K server with .NET

10. Detect running NT service in code.

11. My Vb.Net Apps will not run on other machine's with .Net Framework installed

12. VB.NET app does not run on OS having .NET redistributable files installed