Search a particular Window from an incomplete windows title
Author Message
 Search a particular Window from an incomplete windows title

Good evening,
my question is

Suppose I have a window (Internet Explorer for example) with title:
"Youtube - Queen - The show must go on".

If I use API findwindow() I have to give in input the exact windows
title to find it, right?
Can I make a query to find it starting from a partial name?
For example, if i have the string "Youtube" can i equally find that
window?

Thank you so much.
Emilio.

Sat, 20 Nov 2010 22:26:29 GMT
 Search a particular Window from an incomplete windows title

Quote:
> Suppose I have a window (Internet Explorer for example) with title:
> "Youtube - Queen - The show must go on".

> If I use API findwindow() I have to give in input the exact windows
> title to find it, right?
> Can I make a query to find it starting from a partial name?
> For example, if i have the string "Youtube" can i equally find that
> window?

The documentation does not specifically state whether a complete match will
be performed or not, but I would guess it is. More than likely you're going
to have to use the EnumDesktopWindows() function and then search the window
title yourself. I don't see that particular function on Randy's site, but
there is something similar:
http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/enums/enumwindowsdemo.htm

Sat, 20 Nov 2010 22:39:41 GMT
 Search a particular Window from an incomplete windows title

Quote:
> More than likely you're going to have to use the EnumDesktopWindows()
> function

Ignore that. That API function is only if you want to get the windows on a
particular desktop (an advanced topic). I was overthinking this. Use Randy's
sample.

Sat, 20 Nov 2010 22:41:01 GMT
 Search a particular Window from an incomplete windows title
Jeff Johnson ha scritto:

Quote:

> > More than likely you're going to have to use the EnumDesktopWindows()
> > function

> Ignore that. That API function is only if you want to get the windows on a
> particular desktop (an advanced topic). I was overthinking this. Use Randy's
> sample.

Hi Jeff,
I've found this article, it's seems to match perfectly my needs.

Thank you.

Sat, 20 Nov 2010 22:55:09 GMT
 Search a particular Window from an incomplete windows title
Emilio ha scritto:

Sorry, the article I founded is:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/147659/en-us/#top

Sat, 20 Nov 2010 22:59:02 GMT

1. Window menu shows incomplete list of sub-forms

2. VBA macro to invoke Windows Explorer session to particular drive and path

3. Switching back to a particular window that is already on top of z order

4. Display Access window with no application title?

5. Form window title while form is running

6. Change Title in Window

7. API to Change Window Title Text

8. Remove title bar from Userform or Window

9. Change Title of Outlook Window?

10. Create window without title bar?

11. Stencil name with {} in window title bar

12. File path in title Window