Windows Server 2003
Author Message
 Windows Server 2003

After installing SP2 for Windows Server 2003, almost all of my services no
longer start. I am unable to start or modify any individual services
especially "RPC". I receive error 1068 when attempting to start a service.  I
also can't edit or modify any settings. For example, if I right click on a
particular service and select properties, I get no response.
I have to get this server running by tomorrow otherwise the whole company
will be down.

Spend the whole day Saturday checking Microsoft Site for solutions, but
can't seem to find one that will work.

Researching so far points to services that use the Network Service or Local
Service account not starting after installing SP2.  Some suggestions included
using "gpedit.msc" to modify the Group Policy setting for "Impersonate a
client after authentication".  The problem is I can't modify any settings
that are displayed.

Please... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:56:06 GMT
 Windows Server 2003
You might be better off asking in microsoft.public.win2003.advanced_server.
This group is for vb as in VisualBasic.

/Henning

Quote:
> After installing SP2 for Windows Server 2003, almost all of my services no
> longer start. I am unable to start or modify any individual services
> especially "RPC". I receive error 1068 when attempting to start a service.
> also can't edit or modify any settings. For example, if I right click on a
> particular service and select properties, I get no response.
> I have to get this server running by tomorrow otherwise the whole company
> will be down.

> Spend the whole day Saturday checking Microsoft Site for solutions, but
> can't seem to find one that will work.

> Researching so far points to services that use the Network Service or
> Local
> Service account not starting after installing SP2.  Some suggestions
> included
> using "gpedit.msc" to modify the Group Policy setting for "Impersonate a
> client after authentication".  The problem is I can't modify any settings
> that are displayed.

> Please... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:13:15 GMT

1. VB.Net and Windows Server 2003 Newbie

2. 16-bit programs on Windows Server 2003

3. Winsock and Windows Server 2003 (.Net)

4. Windows 2003 Server WSH

5. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP in Windows 2003 Server

6. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP/IIS 6.0 in Windows 2003 Server

7. Problems in running Direct3D on Windows 2003 server

8. Windows XP 64-bit Edition Version 2003

9. Visual Studio .Net 2003 Final Beta, simple socket code breaks between 2002 and 2003

10. VBScript User Creation Issues Under Windows 2003

11. Windows Mobile 2003 development in VB6

12. Windows 2003 & SrvAny.exe