Fax
Author Message
 Fax

I infrequently get a request to fax something, so had some extra time and
decided I'd write a Fax program -- how hard can it be!

After downloading an MSDN, VB example to send a Fax I had a few basic
questions.

1)  My guess is a FAX is really an image whether it be text converted to an
image or a picture.  Is this correct?

2)  While MSDN examples focus on sending one page ONLY, my guess is that in
order to send multiple pages, the pages have to be merged into a single
image.    While a simple loop to send each picture seemed a more obvious
solution, it appears -- from the little bit available on this -- that that
is Not a solution.  Am I correct in this assumption?

3)  Im images are merged, how does the Fax tranmission know where to break
on each image?

Any other input appreciated.

Mon, 09 Jul 2012 10:40:50 GMT
 Fax

Quote:
>I infrequently get a request to fax something, so had some extra time and
>decided I'd write a Fax program -- how hard can it be!

Or you could search the web for "email to fax" service.

Mon, 09 Jul 2012 11:16:08 GMT
 Fax
Appreciate the suggestion.  Had stumbled across this -- web fax service --
while searching, but for now have decided to give it a go and try and write
my own.  Unfortunately, not lot information on how -- multiple documents are
put together to fax.

Have a nice evening.

David

Quote:

>>I infrequently get a request to fax something, so had some extra time and
>>decided I'd write a Fax program -- how hard can it be!

> Or you could search the web for "email to fax" service.

Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:53:55 GMT
 Fax
Quote:
> decided I'd write a Fax program -- how hard can it be!

Serious case of reinventing the wheel!!
I hope your doing this for your own enjoyment, you realize there is
Fax software included in your operating system.

Duke

Mon, 09 Jul 2012 13:01:20 GMT
 Fax
David, can you post link to that MSDN sample?
Thanks,
Claire

Quote:
>I infrequently get a request to fax something, so had some extra time and
>decided I'd write a Fax program -- how hard can it be!

> After downloading an MSDN, VB example to send a Fax I had a few basic
> questions.

> 1)  My guess is a FAX is really an image whether it be text converted to
> an image or a picture.  Is this correct?

> 2)  While MSDN examples focus on sending one page ONLY, my guess is that
> in order to send multiple pages, the pages have to be merged into a single
> image.    While a simple loop to send each picture seemed a more obvious
> solution, it appears -- from the little bit available on this -- that that
> is Not a solution.  Am I correct in this assumption?

> 3)  Im images are merged, how does the Fax tranmission know where to break
> on each image?

> Any other input appreciated.

Mon, 09 Jul 2012 14:05:10 GMT
 Fax

Quote:
> but for now have decided to give it a go and try and write my own.

Planet source code must have some samples:

http://www.planet-source-code.com

Mon, 09 Jul 2012 15:26:52 GMT
 Fax
Here you go.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms692936%28VS.85%29.aspx

Quote:
> David, can you post link to that MSDN sample?
> Thanks,
> Claire

>>I infrequently get a request to fax something, so had some extra time and
>>decided I'd write a Fax program -- how hard can it be!

>> After downloading an MSDN, VB example to send a Fax I had a few basic
>> questions.

>> 1)  My guess is a FAX is really an image whether it be text converted to
>> an image or a picture.  Is this correct?

>> 2)  While MSDN examples focus on sending one page ONLY, my guess is that
>> in order to send multiple pages, the pages have to be merged into a
>> single image.    While a simple loop to send each picture seemed a more
>> obvious solution, it appears -- from the little bit available on this --
>> that that is Not a solution.  Am I correct in this assumption?

>> 3)  Im images are merged, how does the Fax tranmission know where to
>> break on each image?

>> Any other input appreciated.

Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:05:45 GMT
 Fax
Already looked at PSC prior original post.
Ones I looked at that seemed would be of value are one document like MSDN.
Will take another look see to see if I missed something.

Quote:

>> but for now have decided to give it a go and try and write my own.

> Planet source code must have some samples:

> http://www.planet-source-code.com

Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:08:50 GMT
 Fax
I know. but lacking as can only send one document at a time and Not very
intuitive for infrequent usage at that.

Quote:
>> decided I'd write a Fax program -- how hard can it be!

> Serious case of reinventing the wheel!!
> I hope your doing this for your own enjoyment, you realize there is
> Fax software included in your operating system.

> Duke

Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:10:04 GMT

1. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

2. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

3. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

4. Automate FAX , FAX ROBOT , FAX OCX

5. Fax.dll , Fax.vbx , fax routines , dde with fax , everything with fax !!

6. utilize microsoft fax to automatically send faxes from access

7. NT Personal Fax - SendObject will not send to fax number

8. Sending faxes from MAPI vs Printing to MS Fax

9. receive fax using Fax Client COM Implementation

10. Fax using MS Fax

11. How can I send faxes directly from VB5 to microsoft fax

12. Anyone Recommend Fax Tools for VB (not including Fax Plus)