VB 6.0 windows form not displaying properly in windows server 2008
Author Message
 VB 6.0 windows form not displaying properly in windows server 2008

I am facing problem in displaying VB 6.0 windows form when it is accessed
from activeX control on windows server 2008
Is there any work around or any patch available to resolve this issue

thanks
Renil

Tue, 08 Nov 2011 20:13:01 GMT
 VB 6.0 windows form not displaying properly in windows server 2008

Quote:
> I am facing problem in displaying VB 6.0 windows form when it is accessed
> from activeX control on windows server 2008
> Is there any work around or any patch available to resolve this issue

We can guess - but supplying more information as to what kind of problems
you are experiencing would help.

Errors?

-ralph

Tue, 08 Nov 2011 20:23:22 GMT
 VB 6.0 windows form not displaying properly in windows server 2008

Quote:
>I am facing problem in displaying VB 6.0 windows form when it is accessed
> from activeX control on windows server 2008
> Is there any work around or any patch available to resolve this issue

I have no problems with Windows 2008 Server, but I don't use forms in
ActiveX if that's what you are doing. You need to provide more details, like
if you are using subclassing, and what error you are getting. Posting code
that duplicates the problem is helpful. BTW, a trial version of Windows 2008
Server can be downloaded from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&Family...

You don't need a second PC to test it, you can use the free Virtual
PC(requires XP minimum):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/default.aspx

Download link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&Family...

Then apply SP1(To make dragdrop and clipboard work):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&Family...

If you have Windows 2000, then you have to use this version(No
dragdrop/clipboard transfer for Vista and after, but you can install the new
OS's):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&Family...

Tue, 08 Nov 2011 22:52:59 GMT

1. Activex componet can not create error in Windows Server 2008

2. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP/IIS 6.0 in Windows 2003 Server

3. Displaying a window form in another window form

4. Windows 2008/Vista services

5. VB6 service under Server 2008 can't run another VB application

6. VB.NET 2008 not backward compatable?

7. background picture in mdi form does not display properly

8. VB5 Forms with Menus do not display properly.

9. VB 6.0 DLL debugging from ASP in Windows 2003 Server

10. VB 6.0 Application does not work under Windows 2000

11. Visual Basic 2008 & Visual Studio 2008

12. Windows 2000 and IIS: Not working properly (aspx)