public object throughout the project
Author Message
 public object throughout the project

I am new in .NET application but have developed many applications in Visual
FoxPro and Visual Basic.
In my first .NET application, I have a USER class which keeps record of user
privileges. Is it possible to instantiate this object once in a project(To
avoid back and forth communication with data server), which can be used in
all other classes and forms.

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Regards,
NR

Thu, 03 Nov 2011 18:51:01 GMT
 public object throughout the project

Quote:
>I am new in .NET application but have developed many applications in Visual
> FoxPro and Visual Basic.
> In my first .NET application, I have a USER class which keeps record of
> user
> privileges. Is it possible to instantiate this object once in a project(To
> avoid back and forth communication with data server), which can be used in
> all other classes and forms.

> Any kind of help would be appreciated.

> Regards,
> NR

Hi,

You would better post the Q in microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.

In this group we deal with VB Classic (VB6 and below), and a few MVP's
having a different opinion. ;)

/Henning

Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:15:22 GMT
 public object throughout the project

Quote:
> I am new in .NET application but have developed many applications in
Visual
> FoxPro and Visual Basic.
> In my first .NET application, I have a USER class which keeps record of
user
> privileges. Is it possible to instantiate this object once in a project(To
> avoid back and forth communication with data server), which can be used in
> all other classes and forms.

> Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Yes you can, but you have posted to a newsgroup populated primarily by users
of 'classic' VB and the COM-based developement platform. You will have
better success if you post to a newsgroup where more users of the .Net
Framework development platform hang-out. (They will have ".dotnet." or
".vs." in the title.)

Perhaps:
   microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

-ralph

Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:17:18 GMT

1. How to declare a public variable used throughout my program

2. Changing a resource throughout a project

3. Binary compatibility, Public Class, Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library

4. Only public datatypes defined in public object modules...

5. Public function with public-object parameter

6. How can I access public variables of my project from a usercontrol

7. How can I access public variables of my project from a usercontrol

8. Collaborative Public VB.NET Project

9. Public VB Projects

10. Cross Project Public Variables

11. Usercontrol's public Enum not visible to project

12. Item cannot be public in this type of project