vb6 question
Author Message
 vb6 question

where can i get a copy of vb6 ide (trial edition) i need it for some example
work, not the run time. I need to modify a simple dll and recompile it as
vb6. I don't want to convrt it i need it as is for demo of dot.net.

Thanks
--

thanks (as always)

kes

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:12:00 GMT
 vb6 question

Quote:
> where can i get a copy of vb6 ide (trial edition) i need it for some
> example
> work, not the run time. I need to modify a simple dll and recompile it as
> vb6. I don't want to convrt it i need it as is for demo of dot.net.

There is no trial version of VB6. The only ways to get it is by buying a
used copy, or if you are an MSDN Subscriber(not free), you can download
Visual Studio 6, which includes VB6.

Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:49:00 GMT
 vb6 question

Quote:

> where can i get a copy of vb6 ide (trial edition)

"Trial Edition"?  There isn't one, never was and, even if there had been
one, you can't get legitimate copies of it from Microsoft any more.

eBay is probably your best bet.

Quote:
> I need to modify a simple dll and recompile it as vb6.

If you don't already /have/ VB6, how did you create the "simple dll"
that you intended to modify?  You can only modify VB6-written dll's
using VB6 and you need the source code to start with; you can't
"de-compile" an existing Dll into VB6 source code.

Regards,
    Phill  W.

Fri, 01 Jul 2011 21:50:51 GMT
 vb6 question
On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:50:51 +0000, "Phill W."

Quote:

>> where can i get a copy of vb6 ide (trial edition)

>"Trial Edition"?  There isn't one, never was and, even if there had been
>one, you can't get legitimate copies of it from Microsoft any more.

The OP may be referring to the 'Working Model' version of VB6 (also
referred to as the Student or Learning edition). The WM is usually
included in 'learning VB6' books to allow new users to develop
programs within the IDE alongside book examples.

The WM does not include the help files, and cannot 'technically'
compile to EXE/DLL, so won't be any good for the OP unfortunately.
--
Alfie [UK]
<http://www.delphia.co.uk/>

Sat, 02 Jul 2011 03:58:32 GMT
 vb6 question

Quote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:50:51 +0000, "Phill W."

> >> where can i get a copy of vb6 ide (trial edition)

> >"Trial Edition"?  There isn't one, never was and, even if there had been
> >one, you can't get legitimate copies of it from Microsoft any more.

> The OP may be referring to the 'Working Model' version of VB6 (also
> referred to as the Student or Learning edition). The WM is usually
> included in 'learning VB6' books to allow new users to develop
> programs within the IDE alongside book examples.

Also there were several books on Visual Basic that highlighted on the cover
"includes Trial Edition". But I believe Phill is correct in that MS never
released an official "Trial Edition".

Sat, 02 Jul 2011 04:22:33 GMT

1. a VB6 question?

2. Sorry For The VB6 Question but.....

3. DataGrid VB6 question

4. access 97/vb6 question that's probably really obvious :)

5. Feeling really stupid (vb6 question)

6. 3 simple VB6 questions

7. Some VB6 questions

8. VB6 question about intPress