VB6 toggle button
Author Message
 VB6 toggle button

Is there any toggle button that can be used in VB6 apart from FM20.DLL ?

Thanks a lot inadvance!

Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:53:02 GMT
 VB6 toggle button

Quote:
> Is there any toggle button that can be used in VB6 apart from FM20.DLL ?

FM20.DLL can't be used in VB6

Try a checkbox with the Style property set to graphical

Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:57:16 GMT
 VB6 toggle button
Just to add to Bob's posting...

The OptionButton control has a Graphical Style property too... within a
grouping of them, only one will "depress" at a time.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

Quote:

>> Is there any toggle button that can be used in VB6 apart from FM20.DLL ?

> FM20.DLL can't be used in VB6

> Try a checkbox with the Style property set to graphical

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 01:29:22 GMT
 VB6 toggle button

Quote:

>> Is there any toggle button that can be used in VB6 apart from FM20.DLL ?

> FM20.DLL can't be used in VB6

If I may expound on this just a bit...

Unfortunately, FM20.DLL *can* be used in VB in the sense of there's nothing
preventing such use.  It never *should* be used in VB because it wasn't
designed to be used in VB and has known problems when used in VB. Plus
there's the fact that it's not redistributable so if you do use it in VB,
you're basically requiring your users have Office or some other VBA-enabled
application installed (or you could make your app VBA-enabled I suppose,
which gives you a license to redistribute it [with other caveats associated
with that]).  It was designed to be used with VBA in MS Office apps and
other apps which utilize VBA. It would have been nice if MS had written it
such that it couldn't even be instantiated in anything other than VBA.

--
Mike

Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:00:23 GMT

1. Toggle Button Effect on Tollbar Button

2. Toggle Button Effect on Toolbar Button

3. buttons, toggle button, sliders...

4. command button as a toggle button

5. Toggle Button Property

6. MS-Access question on toggle button

7. Powerpoint/Vba -Embedding Images In Toggle Buttons?

8. toggle button problem

9. How to specify the state of a toggle button

10. Selecting text in a Word file with embedded toggle buttons

11. VB Toggle Buttons

12. Creating a toggle button on a custom Word toolbar