Can I install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition and SQL Sever 2005 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise R2?
Author Message
 Can I install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition and SQL Sever 2005 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise R2?

Dear All,

I first tried installing SQL server 2005 enterprise edition in windows 2003
enterprise server R2. I quited it half-way (Before custom selection of
components) and installed SQL server 2000 enterprise edition. This installed
successfully. Then when I tried installing SQL server 2005 enterprise
edition, it is giving me the following error in one of its log file.

Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -- Error 2331. The installer has
encountered an unexpected error. The error code is 2331. Error loading
library C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup
Bootstrap\Bin\{58233A5F-5CE3-4EEE-BB9E-E0910E005E15}sqlca.dll or finding
entry point The specified module could not be found.

After this I uninstalled SQL server 2000 and installed sql server 2005. This
time also I am getting the same error.

Can any one help me out in this?

Thanks and Regards,

Peri

Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:52:40 GMT
 Can I install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition and SQL Sever 2005 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise R2?
Yes, you can install them side by side.

Regarding to the error you get, there may be a broken installer record
because of your first attempt. So I suggest you to download Windows
Installer Cleanup Utility and install it. Clean the corrupted installations
of SQL Server if you find any and then try installing your SQL Server 2005
instance again.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--
Ekrem ?nsoy

Quote:
> Dear All,

> I first tried installing SQL server 2005 enterprise edition in windows
> 2003 enterprise server R2. I quited it half-way (Before custom selection
> of components) and installed SQL server 2000 enterprise edition. This
> installed successfully. Then when I tried installing SQL server 2005
> enterprise edition, it is giving me the following error in one of its log
> file.

> Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 -- Error 2331. The installer has
> encountered an unexpected error. The error code is 2331. Error loading
> library C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup
> Bootstrap\Bin\{58233A5F-5CE3-4EEE-BB9E-E0910E005E15}sqlca.dll or finding
> entry point The specified module could not be found.

> After this I uninstalled SQL server 2000 and installed sql server 2005.
> This time also I am getting the same error.

> Can any one help me out in this?

> Thanks and Regards,

> Peri

Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:06:27 GMT
 Can I install SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition and SQL Sever 2005 Enterprise Edition on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise R2?
Your question has nothing to do with Visual Basic. Please avoid unnecessary
crossposts in the future.

Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:17:30 GMT

1. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition does not contain MS SQL Server 6.5 Developer Edition

2. VB6 Enterprise & SQL Server 2000

3. VB6 Enterprise & SQL Server 2000

4. VB6 Enterprise's MS SQL Sever version ?

5. SQL Connectivity - CR9 Developer Edition, VB6, SQL Server 2000

6. visio2000 enterprise edition and ms-sql 7.0 column defaults

7. SQL Login using VB4 Enterprise Edition

8. VB enterprise edition as frontend for sql engines

9. SQL server 2005 installation error

10. Problems accessing SQL Server 2005 with Excel VBA

11. Trying to install VB5 Pro over Enterprise edition