How to determine standard programs in VB6
Author Message
 How to determine standard programs in VB6

Hello,

does anybody know how I can find out which program is setup up to be the
standard Windows browser or standard eMail program?

Thanks a lot!
Joachim

Sun, 01 Jan 2012 12:33:40 GMT
 How to determine standard programs in VB6
Hi Joachim,

You could probably get the values from the registry, eg:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\command
and
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command

etc.

Quote:
> Hello,

> does anybody know how I can find out which program is setup up to be the
> standard Windows browser or standard eMail program?

> Thanks a lot!
> Joachim

Sun, 01 Jan 2012 13:07:21 GMT
 How to determine standard programs in VB6
Thank you!

Sun, 01 Jan 2012 13:58:41 GMT
 How to determine standard programs in VB6
Damn, I don't know how to access this subkey...

Sun, 01 Jan 2012 14:32:09 GMT
 How to determine standard programs in VB6
Doh, I was stupid... it's resolved now...

Sun, 01 Jan 2012 14:44:49 GMT

1. Need my VB6 program to determine what directory it's in when it runs

2. Determining a VB6 program setup is completed

3. To determine standard value - ADOX or ADO

4. Determine, if MS Outlook is the standard e-mail client on a PC

5. Determine, if MS Outlook is configured as standard E-Mail client on a PC

6. How to create a Com AddIn for Outlook 2000 with VB6 standard

7. VB6.OLB problems adding some standard controls to a form

8. Academic .vs. Standard price of VB6 PRO

9. Q, Can Run VB6 Enterprise with Delphi5 Standard ?

10. multiple threads associated with a VB6 standard exe

11. Using XP Common Controls as opposed to Standard VB6 Controls

12. Is DlgObjs.dll standard Vb6?