Faulting module MSVBVM60.DLL v6.0.97.82 causes application to crash
Author Message
 Faulting module MSVBVM60.DLL v6.0.97.82 causes application to crash

We are testing a 3rd party application that have never encountered
this issue before now. It's actually that in our automated script we
execute script to open and close the 3rd party application a few
times, which isnt unreasonable and shouldnt cause a crash.

We are getting the error that the application had to close along with
the the faulting module msvbvm60.dll, version 6.0.97.82.

I checked in c:\windows\system32 for msvbvm60.dll and it exists. What
do I need to do to resolve? Any help that someone can suggest would be
great.

Terry

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 02:56:37 GMT
 Faulting module MSVBVM60.DLL v6.0.97.82 causes application to crash

Quote:
> We are testing a 3rd party application that have never encountered
> this issue before now. It's actually that in our automated script we
> execute script to open and close the 3rd party application a few
> times, which isnt unreasonable and shouldnt cause a crash.

> We are getting the error that the application had to close along with
> the the faulting module msvbvm60.dll, version 6.0.97.82.

> I checked in c:\windows\system32 for msvbvm60.dll and it exists. What
> do I need to do to resolve? Any help that someone can suggest would be
> great.

> Terry

Not enough information to venture more than a few hints.

First off, various 3rd products have had problems msvbvm60 and MS has issued
hotfixes in the past for some issues. Most of these hotfixes were
incorporated in later versions. These issues are part of the problems
experienced with VB SP6.
One 'fix' was to recompile applications with SP6.
You really need to put this to the vendor of the 3rd party application.

Second, the reporting of an error in msvbvm60 may only be a red herring.
After-all ALL VB apps use this runtime. Occasionally errors are not caught
until they reach the runtime. eg look at the number of times an error is
reported in the general dll service component ntdll. The error didn't start
there - it was only caught there. So you need to run a post-mortum de{*filter*}
and look at the call stack to determine where the error is coming from.

The fact that it used to work and is only failing now leads me to suspect
that it is another component that has been affected by a recent install, hot
patch, etc. Also consider this might be a flaw that has always been there,
but only is showing up now because of a change in location or data.

hth
-ralph

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 03:36:36 GMT
 Faulting module MSVBVM60.DLL v6.0.97.82 causes application to crash

Quote:
> We are testing a 3rd party application that have never encountered
> this issue before now. It's actually that in our automated script we
> execute script to open and close the 3rd party application a few
> times, which isnt unreasonable and shouldnt cause a crash.

> We are getting the error that the application had to close along with
> the the faulting module msvbvm60.dll, version 6.0.97.82.

> I checked in c:\windows\system32 for msvbvm60.dll and it exists. What
> do I need to do to resolve? Any help that someone can suggest would be
> great.

> Terry

What operating system and service pack are you using?

Do you run it in a terminal services session or at the PC?

Is the workstation locked or the screen saver active during the execution?

The best way it to inform the developer and let him/her fix it.

Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:29:59 GMT

1. IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL

2. VB6 caused an invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL at 014f:6604b3ce

3. invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL

4. Invalid page fault in module MSVBVM60.DLL

5. MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module VBA332.DLL

6. MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module vba332.dll

7. Winword caused an invalid page fault in module VBE6.DLL

8. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

9. VB6 caused invalid page fault in module MSXBSE35.DLL

10. VB5 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

11. wscript caused invalid page fault in module msado15.dll

12. VB32 caused a page fault im module KERNEL32.DLL