Inverted grid on form at design time
Author Message
 Inverted grid on form at design time

Dear All,

Someway I have now inverted grid on any form at design time. It looks like
black background with gray dots. Changing form Forecolor property changes
the grid background (normally, grid dots color should be changed instead).
Turning grid off returns form background to its normal gray color. Also,
forms are gray at runtime as expected.

Any suggestion on how to return grid to normal state ?

Thanks in advance,
Miga

P.S. VB6 reinstallation did not solve problem.

Fri, 17 Jun 2011 06:43:47 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time

Quote:
> Dear All,

> Someway I have now inverted grid on any form at design time. It looks like
> black background with gray dots. Changing form Forecolor property changes
> the grid background (normally, grid dots color should be changed instead).
> Turning grid off returns form background to its normal gray color. Also,
> forms are gray at runtime as expected.

> Any suggestion on how to return grid to normal state ?

What type of Grid are you using? There are several that came with VB6. Also,
you may want to open the FRM file that the grid is in with Notepad, and look
for the control name there. Post the lines from  "Begin" to "End" here. They
list all properties that are different than the default.

Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:05:41 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time
It's a grid that displayed over a form at desing time. It'is not a grid
control.

VERSION 5.00
Begin VB.Form Form1
   Caption         =   "Form1"
   ClientHeight    =   3195
   ClientLeft      =   60
   ClientTop       =   345
   ClientWidth     =   4680
   LinkTopic       =   "Form1"
   ScaleHeight     =   3195
   ScaleWidth      =   4680
   StartUpPosition =   3  'Windows Default
End
Attribute VB_Name = "Form1"
Attribute VB_GlobalNameSpace = False
Attribute VB_Creatable = False
Attribute VB_PredeclaredId = True
Attribute VB_Exposed = False
Option Explicit

| What type of Grid are you using? There are several that came with VB6.
Also,
| you may want to open the FRM file that the grid is in with Notepad, and
look
| for the control name there. Post the lines from  "Begin" to "End" here.
They
| list all properties that are different than the default.
|
| > Dear All,
| >
| > Someway I have now inverted grid on any form at design time. It looks
like
| > black background with gray dots. Changing form Forecolor property
changes
| > the grid background (normally, grid dots color should be changed
instead).
| > Turning grid off returns form background to its normal gray color. Also,
| > forms are gray at runtime as expected.
| >
| > Any suggestion on how to return grid to normal state ?

Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:19:55 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time

Quote:
> It's a grid that displayed over a form at desing time. It'is not a grid
> control.

Go to Tools-->Options, and look for Grid options. Set it to 120 or 60.

Fri, 17 Jun 2011 12:26:31 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time
Of course, I tried to do so.
Inversion has not changed for 60, 120 or any other from 24 to 1188.
I also tried to manipulate REG keys GridHeight and GridWidth manually.

| Go to Tools-->Options, and look for Grid options. Set it to 120 or 60.
| |

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 01:33:36 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time

Quote:
> Of course, I tried to do so.
> Inversion has not changed for 60, 120 or any other from 24 to 1188.
> I also tried to manipulate REG keys GridHeight and GridWidth manually.

Did the grid size change when you change the setting?

Does the same thing happen when you start a new project?

What OS are you using?

What theme?

Start a new project, and click the down arrow of BackColor property of
Form1. Is "ButtonFace" selected? Is the property value &H8000000F&?

Finally, backup the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Visual Basic\6.0

And try resetting the toolbars from View-->Toolbars-->Customize. I am not
sure if this will fix this issue though.

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 03:52:23 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time

Quote:
> Inversion has not changed for 60, 120 or any
> other from 24 to 1188.

What happens if you turn off the display of the grid completely? What then
is the colour of your Form? And what does the properties window show as its
BackColor property?

Mike

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 04:20:47 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time
Grid is turned off as expected. When grid is off, form background is form
BackColor. When grid is on, form background is form ForeColor and form
BackColor affects the Grid dots color.

Miga

| > Inversion has not changed for 60, 120 or any
| > other from 24 to 1188.
|
| What happens if you turn off the display of the grid completely? What then
| is the colour of your Form? And what does the properties window show as
its
| BackColor property?

| Mike|

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 07:15:11 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time
Grid size is changed as expected.
There is no difference between new or saved form.
My OS in Win98.
Theme is Windows default.
All form color properties are defaults.
Toolbar customization reset did not help.

Miga

| > Of course, I tried to do so.
| > Inversion has not changed for 60, 120 or any other from 24 to 1188.
| > I also tried to manipulate REG keys GridHeight and GridWidth manually.
|
| Did the grid size change when you change the setting?
|
| Does the same thing happen when you start a new project?
|
| What OS are you using?
|
| What theme?
|
| Start a new project, and click the down arrow of BackColor property of
| Form1. Is "ButtonFace" selected? Is the property value &H8000000F&?
|
| Finally, backup the following key:
|
| HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Visual Basic\6.0
|
| And try resetting the toolbars from View-->Toolbars-->Customize. I am not
| sure if this will fix this issue though.

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 07:21:43 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time

Quote:
> Grid size is changed as expected.
> There is no difference between new or saved form.
> My OS in Win98.
> Theme is Windows default.
> All form color properties are defaults.
> Toolbar customization reset did not help.

Start a new project, and click the down arrow of BackColor property of
Form1. Is "ButtonFace" selected?

Is the property value &H8000000F&?

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 07:55:29 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time
Yes,

BackColor is &H8000000F& (Button Face).
Also, FillColor is &H00000000& and ForeColor is &H80000012& (Button Text).

| Start a new project, and click the down arrow of BackColor property of
| Form1. Is "ButtonFace" selected?
|
| Is the property value &H8000000F&?

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:53:50 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time

Quote:
> Yes,

> BackColor is &H8000000F& (Button Face).
> Also, FillColor is &H00000000& and ForeColor is &H80000012& (Button Text).

Go to Display in Control Panel, then Appearance. Under Item, select 3D
Objects. Is the top color dropdown is gray(3rd from left in the color
selection), and the one underneath is black?

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 10:01:30 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time
Yes, It is light-gray. Another one underneath is black. Another one on the
right side is inaccessible.

| Go to Display in Control Panel, then Appearance. Under Item, select 3D
| Objects. Is the top color dropdown is gray(3rd from left in the color
| selection), and the one underneath is black?

Sun, 19 Jun 2011 00:31:54 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time

Quote:
> Yes, It is light-gray. Another one underneath is black. Another one on the
> right side is inaccessible.

What color resolution are you using? 16, 256, or more colors?

I am not sure what would cause this other than the above. One last thing to
try is to make a note of which Add-ins are loaded, then disable all of them
by unchecking "Load on Startup", and restart the IDE. If the problem is
fixed, re-enable the Add-ins one by one until you find the one that is
causing the problem.

Sun, 19 Jun 2011 00:34:58 GMT
 Inverted grid on form at design time
Solved!
By changing color resolution from High to True.

Many thanks to expvb.

| What color resolution are you using? 16, 256, or more colors?
|
| I am not sure what would cause this other than the above. One last thing
| try is to make a note of which Add-ins are loaded, then disable all of
them
| by unchecking "Load on Startup", and restart the IDE. If the problem is
| fixed, re-enable the Add-ins one by one until you find the one that is
| causing the problem.

Sun, 19 Jun 2011 01:03:00 GMT

1. Load time VB-forms (design time)

2. Creating forms at run time, not design time.

3. Assign a treeview at design run time to other at design time

4. Grid design-time control - no display with no result RS

5. Grid Design-Time Control problem

6. show fields in grid at design time

7. Grid Design-Time Control problem

8. bug: design-time IsMdiContainer change in form confuses user controls

9. Form size changes in runtime vs design time modes

10. draw line on windows form at design time

11. Printing the form at design time

12. How do I stop annoying recentering of form at design time