folder browsing - create folder problem
Author Message
 folder browsing - create folder problem

vb.net   I want to use a system dialog to return the path to a folder the
user selects.  I need the ability set the default folder and create a folder
too.  It would also be helpful from a less clicks stand point if the default
folder could be expanded so the user doesn't have to.  I found
FolderBrowserDialog which does what I want except for a few things.  It does
not expand the default folder which is a problem because if the user creates
a folder, a new folder is created named "New Folder" beneath the default
folder but since the default folder is collapsed, the user isn't given
feedback that the folder was created and doesn't have the option to name the
folder before it's officially created.  If the default folder is expanded
however, this problem goes away because the user does get feedback and can
name the folder.

Mon, 25 Jun 2012 04:44:06 GMT
 folder browsing - create folder problem

Quote:
> vb.net

wrong group; this group is for VB6 and earlier

look for a group with "dotnet" in the name

Mon, 25 Jun 2012 04:44:27 GMT

1. Start DIRECTORY (FOLDER) for the Browse Folder function

2. instead of using browse for folder, how can u put those virtual folder into a co

3. Specify an initial folder for the Browse for folder dialog

4. Browse for folder : specify root folder ?

5. How to create a custom browse for Folder dialog

6. Browse To/Create Folder

7. how to create new folder in browse dialog using API

8. Creating Folder and Tasks in Folder

9. Programmatically creating multiple folders in a folder

10. Creating folders under Personal Folders

11. create a folder or find default temp folder

12. Create new folder in current folder in explorer window