Detect Country and OS Language
Author Message
 Detect Country and OS Language

hi,

is there a way to detect the country and windows language of user/OS in vb6.

Actually I am selling a software, and want to give special offers to users
of a particular country so I want to check wither a user is from brazil and
weather of not using Portuguese version of windows.

thanks,
abhi

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 07:27:39 GMT
 Detect Country and OS Language

Quote:
> hi,

> is there a way to detect the country and windows language of user/OS in
> vb6.

Are you really using VB6, or vb.net 2005 as you said in the dotnet group?

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 07:57:49 GMT
 Detect Country and OS Language
actually both, main software is in .nut and parts of application are in vb6.

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:09:36 GMT
 Detect Country and OS Language

Quote:
> actually both, main software is in .nut and parts of application are in
> vb6.

You will find VB6 samples here to do what you want:

http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/locale/index.html

The site is for VB6 despite its name.

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:21:57 GMT
 Detect Country and OS Language

Quote:
> actually both, main software is in .nut

Now that's funny!

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:28:57 GMT
 Detect Country and OS Language
On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 16:28:57 -0800, Bob Butler sez:

Quote:
>> actually both, main software is in .nut

> Now that's funny!

As a LAMP developer who is only using VB because that's what the boss
told me to use, I find that highly apropos :-)

--
Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
zeroes where you see stars: wypbs.**1 at gmail.com

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 15:10:24 GMT
 Detect Country and OS Language

Quote:

> is there a way to detect the country and windows language of user/OS in vb6.

http://vb.mvps.org/samples/Locale

Quote:
> Actually I am selling a software, and want to give special offers to users
> of a particular country so I want to check wither a user is from brazil and
> weather of not using Portuguese version of windows.

Users lie.  (Ever heard, "I didn't change anything!"? <g>)  I could be using a
Portuguese version of Windows, here in Washington, and my friend over in Amsterdamn
is using an USian version.  I think getting the Locale settings are the best you can
do.
--
.NET: It's About Trust!
 http://vfred.mvps.org

Mon, 27 Jun 2011 06:05:17 GMT

1. Detect CE OS Language

2. Getting the country/language of the visitor

3. Get System Language and Country

4. Diff between Pocket PC OS / Handled PC OS/ Embedded NT OS

5. help:display european language on Chinese OS

6. How do I: Determine Windows OS Language?

7. How to check the language of the OS

8. Building Applications for different OS Languages....

9. Determine installed language of OS (Win 9x - NT)

10. How to determine the LANGUAGE of the OS

11. how to know the OS language

12. help:display European language on Chinese OS