cmd-window
Author Message
 cmd-window

Hello

For some reasons I have to create an instance of a cmd-window and send
command there.

Now I have some problem, because I made this with sendkey.

1. I cannot control when in the cmd-window an answer ist promted

2. I cannot guarantee that the windows will be closed (Maybe I can get the
handle from this window an force it to close)

If someone has experience in contolled executing of command in cmd-windows
please help.

Thanks alot

n.h.

Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:47:45 GMT
 cmd-window

released on Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:47:45 +0200 bearing the
following fruit:

Quote:
>Hello

>For some reasons I have to create an instance of a cmd-window and send
>command there.

>Now I have some problem, because I made this with sendkey.

>1. I cannot control when in the cmd-window an answer ist promted

>2. I cannot guarantee that the windows will be closed (Maybe I can get the
>handle from this window an force it to close)

>If someone has experience in contolled executing of command in cmd-windows
>please help.

>Thanks alot

>n.h.

Why don't you tell us exactly what you are trying to do. We
may be able to suggest a better way of doing it, even if we
can't it would help us understand the issue a little better.
--
Jan Hyde

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Jan.Hyde

Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:57:25 GMT
 cmd-window

Quote:

> For some reasons I have to create an instance of a cmd-window and send
> command there.

For some reasons?  Some reasons that would prevent you from writing a batch file,
and executing that?

Quote:
> Now I have some problem, because I made this with sendkey.

Ouch.  Bad call.

Quote:
> 1. I cannot control when in the cmd-window an answer ist promted

Of course not.

Quote:
> 2. I cannot guarantee that the windows will be closed (Maybe I can get the
> handle from this window an force it to close)

There's no nice way to say this, but you probably don't really need to do this *if*
you redefine the problem and use a more appropriate solution.

Quote:
> If someone has experience in contolled executing of command in cmd-windows
> please help.

Happy to, but first you need to state the actual problem.
--
.NET: It's About Trust!
 http://vfred.mvps.org

Tue, 14 Dec 2010 01:33:15 GMT

1. Creating and environment variable and using it in the same cmd window

2. Sending Commands to a cmd window in Windows2000 and receiving it's response

3. unable to change icon of cmd window when running compiled EXE

4. subclassing a dos cmd window

5. changing icon of cmd window

6. Creating and environment variable and using it in the same cmd window

7. cmd windows automatically minized?

8. How to open multiple CMD windows

9. changing cmd window icon does work when using compiled EXE

10. How do i use sendkey with a cmd window

11. Naming The CMD Window Using Shell?

12. set rs = cmd.Execute fails when cmd.CommandText includes spaces