custom metadata field extraction
Author Message
 custom metadata field extraction

I have code that indexes all the files in a folder and sub-folders,
and puts data about those files in an access database.

I'm extracting the common metadata (MS-Office generated), file system
stats, MD5, etc.  What I'd like to add is the custom metadata that can
be defined and populated.

I'm using the DSOFile.OleDocumentProperties object now.  I'd like to
use the .CustomProperties collection, but I can't think of how to set
up the database to handle this.  I have no idea the maximum number of
fields that can be defined.  I guess maybe I need another table just
for these?  I don't know.   Any ideas are welcome.

Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:39:58 GMT
 custom metadata field extraction
I got it.  Thanks for all your input.

Quote:
> I have code that indexes all the files in a folder and sub-folders,
> and puts data about those files in an access database.

> I'm extracting the common metadata (MS-Office generated), file system
> stats, MD5, etc. ?What I'd like to add is the custom metadata that can
> be defined and populated.

> I'm using the DSOFile.OleDocumentProperties object now. ?I'd like to
> use the .CustomProperties collection, but I can't think of how to set
> up the database to handle this. ?I have no idea the maximum number of
> fields that can be defined. ?I guess maybe I need another table just
> for these? ?I don't know. ? Any ideas are welcome.

Mon, 13 Dec 2010 02:11:12 GMT

1. Module samples for data manipulation and extraction from txt field

2. OLE Field Bitmap extraction with VB5.0 and Access 2.x

3. Recurring-event Custom Meeting Forms Don't save custom fields

4. Setting values to Custom Fields on Custom Forms

5. Custom Field Value Lists on Custom Forms

6. Custom Fields in Custom Forms

7. Passing the validated fields value to custom method in a field level validation

8. Changing the Default duration field to a custom duration field

9. create custom icon,custom combobox in custom toolbar

10. create custom icon,custom combobox(to insert values)in custom toolbar

11. Office metadata

12. Store METADATA in a Template (Word/Excel)