Sharepoint and VB6
Author Message
 Sharepoint and VB6

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction (with some code) of how to
retrive a list of documents from a sharepoint page using vb6 ?

I was hoping to avoind readon tons of material using SQL directly.

Is it possible to use the Sharepoint object model in VB6, and in that case
does it have to be installed on each client ?

David

Mon, 16 Jan 2012 21:38:18 GMT
 Sharepoint and VB6

Two ways to access SharePoint via VB6: web services and the API.

If you know how to write VB6 code to access any web service then you have
what you need to call SharePoint web services. And in general, this is the
best approach as the application does not need to be on the SharePoint web
server, and nothing special has to be installed on the client.

First issue with the API is that the application must be on the SharePoint
web servers to even call the API. The API is .Net and the easiest way to
write to it is via a .Net application.

Never (almost never :-) ) directly access the SQL databases. For one thing,
they change with service packs. And almost everything you need is available
cleanly from the API or web services.

--
Mike Smith
TechTrainingNotes.blogspot.com

Quote:

> Hi,

> Can anyone point me in the right direction (with some code) of how to
> retrive a list of documents from a sharepoint page using vb6 ?

> I was hoping to avoind readon tons of material using SQL directly.

> Is it possible to use the Sharepoint object model in VB6, and in that case
> does it have to be installed on each client ?

> David

Mon, 16 Jan 2012 23:34:03 GMT

1. Word VBA and Sharepoint

2. Any examples of accessing a document in SharePoint

3. Sharepoint V2

4. Creating A Sharepoint

5. - Sharepoint development

6. SharePoint To Develop A Website

7. Writing an XML file to sharepoint using VBA in excel

8. Obtaining sharepoints detail

9. Can't open VB6 because VB6 caused a stack fault in module VB6.EXE

10. Can't open VB6 because VB6 caused a stack fault in module VB6.EXE

11. Word XP VBA Bug: Error '5273' on Subdocument.AddFromFile from Sharepoint (SPS)

12. Has anyone looked at codeing Outlook/Exchange with Sharepoint Team Services?