VB6 MSWinSck.ocx Winsock.State=sckClosing
Author Message
 VB6 MSWinSck.ocx Winsock.State=sckClosing

I'm at the debug stage of my mini newsreader thingy.

If I am downloading articles and the news server barfs with an error,
the socket state changes to sckClosing. However, it never gets to
sckClosed until I explicitly close it (with socket.close).

I should have thought the stages would be:

Server detects error its end

Server begins to close its end

Client detects sckClosing

Server finalises the close

Client detects sckClosed.

But, as said above, it doesn't happen like that! It just sits there
forever at sckClosing.

MM

Thu, 03 Nov 2011 01:47:00 GMT

1. Winsock - Clearing the buffer when .State=sckClosing

2. Winsock - Clearing the buffer when .State=sckClosing

3. Winsock/MSWINSCK.OCX/VB6

4. Winsock/MSWINSCK.OCX/VB5

5. Winsock/MSWINSCK.OCX/VB5

6. Winsock/MSWINSCK.OCX/VB5

7. Winsock/MSWINSCK.OCX/VB5

8. Winsock/MSWINSCK.OCX/VB5

9. Cant instantiate WinSock (MSWINSCK.OCX)

10. mswinsck.ocx VB6(SP5) - progs won't work with WinXP

11. mswinsck.ocx VB6(SP5) - progs won't work with WinXP

12. VB6: Winsock error - Invalid Oporation at Current State