Backcolor of repeated Controls in a DataRepeater
Author Message
 Backcolor of repeated Controls in a DataRepeater

Hallo,

I use a datarepeater Control for displaying Data. Although I use the
same control in different forms, in some forms I have the effect after
black color so that it isnt possible to read the text - however after
clicking on an Item, the controls of this item are shown in normal
state: White backcolor and black forecolor.

Does anyone know that and know a way to solve this?

Thank you in advance,

Karl

Fri, 01 Jul 2011 08:49:01 GMT
 Backcolor of repeated Controls in a DataRepeater

Hallo,

I use a datarepeater Control for displaying Data. Although I use the
same control in different forms, in some forms I have the effect after
black color so that it isnt possible to read the text - however after
clicking on an Item, the controls of this item are shown in normal
state: White backcolor and black forecolor.

Does anyone know that and know a way to solve this?

Not sure what might be happening in this case. Really need to see some code.
Don't remember that particular problem, however, I have run across other
display problems - this might be useful:

"Repeated" controls are only images. Those images are created by the default
cloning of the original or 'live' control, and are essentially only a
'shallow' copy - not all properties are carried over.

Are these controls inherent controls or user-controls?
For example, (as explained in the MSDN documention) if you attempt to change
properties only the public properties of the control that has focus is
changed, to affect all repeated controls you have to supply a public propety
for the contained control. (again as shown in the documentation). So you are
trying to make changes in the Form_Load event of those errant form?

If so make sure you don't also have default properties set. Most of the time
these properties are seemlessly over-written - but the DataRepeater can
often perform its 'default' actions before Form_Load runs.

Also I have found that occasionally during design-time the controls in the
container will not be reflective of the 'cloned' control after the original
has been changed several times. The easiest way to get them back in synch is
to remove the container and recreate it.

hth
-ralph

Fri, 01 Jul 2011 10:51:18 GMT
 Backcolor of repeated Controls in a DataRepeater
Hello Ralph,

thank you for your answer.

After a long time of searching we found the solution - and ist was not
a problem of the properties of the control or the container; it was a
problem of the recordsource behind the control. The black controls
disappeared when we said "rsZugehVerf.MoveLast" (that is the
datasource of the control).
I think, this is a bug in the msdatrep.ocx.

kind regards

Karl

Quote:

> Hallo,

> I use a datarepeater Control for displaying Data. Although I use the
> same control in different forms, in some forms I have the effect after
> black color so that it isnt possible to read the text - however after
> clicking on an Item, the controls of this item are shown in normal
> state: White backcolor and black forecolor.

> Does anyone know that and know a way to solve this?

> Not sure what might be happening in this case. Really need to see some code.
> Don't remember that particular problem, however, I have run across other
> display problems - this might be useful:

> "Repeated" controls are only images. Those images are created by the default
> cloning of the original or 'live' control, and are essentially only a
> 'shallow' copy - not all properties are carried over.

> Are these controls inherent controls or user-controls?
> For example, (as explained in the MSDN documention) if you attempt to change
> properties only the public properties of the control that has focus is
> changed, to affect all repeated controls you have to supply a public propety
> for the contained control. (again as shown in the documentation). So you are
> trying to make changes in the Form_Load event of those errant form?

> If so make sure you don't also have default properties set. Most of the time
> these properties are seemlessly over-written - but the DataRepeater can
> often perform its 'default' actions before Form_Load runs.

> Also I have found that occasionally during design-time the controls in the
> container will not be reflective of the 'cloned' control after the original
> has been changed several times. The easiest way to get them back in synch is
> to remove the container and recreate it.

> hth
> -ralph

Tue, 05 Jul 2011 21:24:13 GMT
 Backcolor of repeated Controls in a DataRepeater

Hello Ralph,

thank you for your answer.

After a long time of searching we found the solution - and ist was not
a problem of the properties of the control or the container; it was a
problem of the recordsource behind the control. The black controls
disappeared when we said "rsZugehVerf.MoveLast" (that is the
datasource of the control).
I think, this is a bug in the msdatrep.ocx.

Thanks for posting your solution. It will help others who may have a similar
problem and stumble across this thread.

I'm not sure, but this may be more "by design" than a "bug". The over-all
model for a DataRepeater is one control for each 'row' of data. In order to
optimize data retrieval, for some cursors, some 'rows' may simply not exist
until requested or "Moved To".

-ralph

Tue, 05 Jul 2011 22:55:52 GMT

1. Datarepeater's repeated control

2. DataRepeater Repeated Contol Manipulation

3. backcolor property on SSTab control doesn't change backcolor

4. Help: Using the datarepeater control with an ActiveX control containing an embedded datacombo control

5. Binding field controls on control (form) within datarepeater cont rol

6. DataCombo Control in DataRepeater Control

7. Set Textbox BackColor to Ambient BackColor

8. DataRepeater's Repeated Control: What determines Property changing order???

9. DataRepeater's Repeated Control: What determines Property changing order???

10. DataRepeater Control

11. DataRepeater Control

12. DataRepeater Control Good/Bad/Other?