RIP DLLHelp
Author Message
 RIP DLLHelp

I just tried to lookup a DLL and found this message:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

DLLHelp

The DLL Help application was retired on February 8, 2010 and is no longer
accessible.

Sat, 04 Aug 2012 04:18:36 GMT
 RIP DLLHelp

|I just tried to lookup a DLL and found this message:
|
| http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/
|
| DLLHelp
|
| The DLL Help application was retired on February 8, 2010 and is no longer
| accessible.

That SUCKS!!!

Granted MSFT had not been updating that database as of late, but it was
still very helpful.  I guess they figure since their direction is all
Flamework related, DLL hell was no longer an issue.

Not.

Sat, 04 Aug 2012 05:35:50 GMT
 RIP DLLHelp

Quote:
>I just tried to lookup a DLL and found this message:

>http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/

>DLLHelp

>The DLL Help application was retired on February 8, 2010 and is no longer
>accessible.

Microsoft always destroy their best stuff. They are not right in the
head.

MM

Sat, 04 Aug 2012 16:48:11 GMT
 RIP DLLHelp

Quote:

>I just tried to lookup a DLL and found this message:

>http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/

>DLLHelp

>The DLL Help application was retired on February 8, 2010 and is no longer
>accessible.

I would've liked to see it continue but for as long as I've been
viewing the data in it it's only had about 50% or 60% of the data in
it.  At least as far as the DLLs go I cared about in the Access world.

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP

Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:46:34 GMT
 RIP DLLHelp
On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 20:46:34 -0700, "Tony Toews [MVP]"

Quote:

>>I just tried to lookup a DLL and found this message:

>>http://support.microsoft.com/dllhelp/

>>DLLHelp

>>The DLL Help application was retired on February 8, 2010 and is no longer
>>accessible.

>I would've liked to see it continue but for as long as I've been
>viewing the data in it it's only had about 50% or 60% of the data in
>it.  At least as far as the DLLs go I cared about in the Access world.

>Tony

Is it still on the Wayback Machine, by any chance?

MM

Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:10:59 GMT
 RIP DLLHelp

Quote:
> Is it still on the Wayback Machine, by any chance?

Nope. The page retrieves information from a database, which is not
accessible to the web bots. I already checked the archive anyway. Perhaps
someone could make a similar web page available. There is Ad revenue in it
after all.

Fri, 10 Aug 2012 23:22:17 GMT
 RIP DLLHelp

Quote:

>> Is it still on the Wayback Machine, by any chance?

> Nope. The page retrieves information from a database, which is not
> accessible to the web bots. I already checked the archive anyway. Perhaps
> someone could make a similar web page available. There is Ad revenue in it
> after all.

If we had the data sources.. :)

--

i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Sat, 11 Aug 2012 01:07:15 GMT
 RIP DLLHelp

Quote:

>>> Is it still on the Wayback Machine, by any chance?

>> Nope. The page retrieves information from a database, which is not
>> accessible to the web bots. I already checked the archive anyway. Perhaps
>> someone could make a similar web page available. There is Ad revenue in
>> it
>> after all.

> If we had the data sources.. :)

Practically everyone who had MSDN Subscription does, but it's a question of
time. Just install on VM and run some program to record the information in a
file. Or, right click a service pack file and extract the files, then record
the information.

Sat, 11 Aug 2012 02:19:21 GMT
 RIP DLLHelp

Quote:

>>> Nope. The page retrieves information from a database, which is not
>>> accessible to the web bots. I already checked the archive anyway. Perhaps
>>> someone could make a similar web page available. There is Ad revenue in
>>> it
>>> after all.

>> If we had the data sources.. :)

> Practically everyone who had MSDN Subscription does, but it's a question of
> time. Just install on VM and run some program to record the information in a
> file. Or, right click a service pack file and extract the files, then record
> the information.

That's a HUGE amount of largely manual work :)
I don't think even google ad could recoup that sadly :|

--

i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Sat, 11 Aug 2012 17:25:12 GMT

1. how to rip content from a web-site?

2. RIP Format

3. RIP Format

4. .RIP format

5. Help Detecting Rip

6. rip lyric from a kar file

7. rip lyric from a kar file

8. ** RIPPING APPART EXE FILE IN VB

9. Looking for a free CD-Ripping control....

10. coldwaterworld RIP

11. VBX/DLL for RIP Script

12. Ripping Data from HTML Tables with VBS