Can not load file or assembly
Author Message
 Can not load file or assembly

I am running a vb6 app which works fine on 3 of our computers.

But if I move the program to a clean Vista program I get:

Run-time error '-2147024894(80070002)

could not load file or assembly 'System.Core version 3.5.0.0,
 culture=neutral, PublicKey Token = b77a5c5691934e89' or one
of its dependincies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

What is missing?

I moved the whole project including a com+ component that
calls a web service to the new machine.

Do I need to install something else on this machine?

Thanks,

Tom

Tue, 02 Aug 2011 05:22:12 GMT
 Can not load file or assembly

Quote:
> could not load file or assembly 'System.Core version 3.5.0.0,
>  culture=neutral, PublicKey Token = b77a5c5691934e89' or one
> of its dependincies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

  That sounds like it's some kind of VB.Net component.
VB doesn't have "assemblies" or "System.Core".
You'll probably need to ask in
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Tue, 02 Aug 2011 06:02:05 GMT
 Can not load file or assembly

Quote:
> I am running a vb6 app which works fine on 3 of our computers.

> But if I move the program to a clean Vista program I get:

> Run-time error '-2147024894(80070002)

> could not load file or assembly 'System.Core version 3.5.0.0,
>  culture=neutral, PublicKey Token = b77a5c5691934e89' or one
> of its dependincies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

> What is missing?

> I moved the whole project including a com+ component that
> calls a web service to the new machine.

> Do I need to install something else on this machine?

> Thanks,

> Tom

You are using a component from you VB6 app that relies on the .NET 3.5
framework.  You'll need to install 3.5 on the vista box.  Vista comes with
3.0, but 3.5 is not included.

--
Tom Shelton

Tue, 02 Aug 2011 08:17:36 GMT
 Can not load file or assembly

Quote:
>> could not load file or assembly 'System.Core version 3.5.0.0,
>>  culture=neutral, PublicKey Token = b77a5c5691934e89' or one
>> of its dependincies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

>   That sounds like it's some kind of VB.Net component.
> VB doesn't have "assemblies" or "System.Core".
> You'll probably need to ask in
> microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

Well, it's a VB6 app :)

--
Tom Shelton

Tue, 02 Aug 2011 08:17:56 GMT
 Can not load file or assembly

Quote:

>>> could not load file or assembly 'System.Core version 3.5.0.0,
>>>  culture=neutral, PublicKey Token = b77a5c5691934e89' or one
>>> of its dependincies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

>>   That sounds like it's some kind of VB.Net component.
>> VB doesn't have "assemblies" or "System.Core".
>> You'll probably need to ask in
>> microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

> Well, it's a VB6 app :)

Yeeahhh, but it's apparently something written in .NET that he's trying to
use in VB6. And so it has to be written and/or compiled a special way (for
example, expose a COM interface) to be usable in VB6. I have to agree with
mayayana in that it's likely (not definitively) a .NET issue and therefore
best asked in a dotnet newsgroup.

--
Mike

Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:03:12 GMT
 Can not load file or assembly

| Yeeahhh, but it's apparently something written in .NET that he's trying to
| use in VB6. And so it has to be written and/or compiled a special way (for
| example, expose a COM interface) to be usable in VB6. I have to agree with
| mayayana in that it's likely (not definitively) a .NET issue and therefore
| best asked in a dotnet newsgroup.

Or the Interop newsgroup

Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:13:49 GMT
 Can not load file or assembly
Hi Tom,

Your VB6 application is calling on another component that has other
dependencies and some of those dependencies are missing. In this case it
looks like .NET 3.5 is being used, probably for LINQ. Vista shipped with
.NET 3.0, not 3.5 so it will need updating.

Quote:
>I am running a vb6 app which works fine on 3 of our computers.

> But if I move the program to a clean Vista program I get:

> Run-time error '-2147024894(80070002)

> could not load file or assembly 'System.Core version 3.5.0.0,
> culture=neutral, PublicKey Token = b77a5c5691934e89' or one
> of its dependincies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

> What is missing?

> I moved the whole project including a com+ component that
> calls a web service to the new machine.

> Do I need to install something else on this machine?

> Thanks,

> Tom

Fri, 05 Aug 2011 07:36:38 GMT

1. could not load file or assembly

2. Could not load file or assembly

3. "File or Assembly not found"

4. File or assembly name ADODB, or one of its dependencies, was not found

6. Load Assembly /CreateInstance

7. Load Assembly

8. One or more of the types in the assembly unable to load

9. How do I load and run assemblies dynamically

10. Dynamically loading an assembly?

12. Trying to Dunamically Load Assembly via Reflection