VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error
Author Message
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

Dear forum users

I have a customer who is using a VB Script to create one swbemrefresher
object which works normally on Win XP and Win2003 platform,

but on Windows Vista platform prompts with "invalid class" error.

Has anybody experienced something similar? Is it a matter of missing class?
If yes, where it can be found?

Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your time, effort and support.

Regards, Nick.

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:10:19 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

Quote:
> Dear forum users

> I have a customer who is using a VB Script

Then you're in the wrong group. These are for the full-blown, compile
versions of VB.

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:23:04 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

Meaning?? Can you name the proper VB groups?

Quote:

>> Dear forum users

>> I have a customer who is using a VB Script

> Then you're in the wrong group. These are for the full-blown, compile
> versions of VB.

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:15:23 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

Quote:
> Meaning?? Can you name the proper VB groups?

>>> Dear forum users

>>> I have a customer who is using a VB Script

>> Then you're in the wrong group. These are for the full-blown, compile
>> versions of VB.

A 20s look at the group list filters by vbscirpt come sup with
microsoft.public.scripting.VBScript
Another equally quick look comes up with microsoft.public.wbem which is
also worth a try.

--

i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:25:52 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error
Try:

Mon, 12 Mar 2012 23:25:55 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

Quote:
> Dear forum users

> I have a customer who is using a VB Script to create one swbemrefresher
> object which works normally on Win XP and Win2003 platform,

> but on Windows Vista platform prompts with "invalid class" error.

> Has anybody experienced something similar? Is it a matter of missing
> class? If yes, where it can be found?

> Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated.

> Many thanks in advance for your time, effort and support.

> Regards, Nick.

I added microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript to you message.

I suspect the script must be run by right-clicking the *.vbs file and
selecting the option "Run as administrator". Or, the script can be run at a
command prompt, but one that has been launched by right clicking a shortcut
to cmd.exe and selecting "Run as administrator". If this doesn't solve the
problem, we need to see some code that duplicates the error.

--
Richard Mueller
MVP Directory Services

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:21:59 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error
Thanks for your guidance.

Quote:
> Try:

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 04:49:04 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error
Richard,  thanks for posting my thread and your feedback.
I will communicate your suggestions.

Quote:

>> Dear forum users

>> I have a customer who is using a VB Script to create one swbemrefresher
>> object which works normally on Win XP and Win2003 platform,

>> but on Windows Vista platform prompts with "invalid class" error.

>> Has anybody experienced something similar? Is it a matter of missing
>> class? If yes, where it can be found?

>> Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated.

>> Many thanks in advance for your time, effort and support.

>> Regards, Nick.

> I added microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript to you message.

> I suspect the script must be run by right-clicking the *.vbs file and
> selecting the option "Run as administrator". Or, the script can be run at
> a command prompt, but one that has been launched by right clicking a
> shortcut to cmd.exe and selecting "Run as administrator". If this doesn't
> solve the problem, we need to see some code that duplicates the error.

> --
> Richard Mueller
> MVP Directory Services
> Hilltop Lab - http://www.rlmueller.net
> --

Tue, 13 Mar 2012 04:57:50 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error
It seems that your suggestions finally worked.
Thanks for your support.
Rgds, Nick.

Quote:
> Richard,  thanks for posting my thread and your feedback.
> I will communicate your suggestions.

>>> Dear forum users

>>> I have a customer who is using a VB Script to create one swbemrefresher
>>> object which works normally on Win XP and Win2003 platform,

>>> but on Windows Vista platform prompts with "invalid class" error.

>>> Has anybody experienced something similar? Is it a matter of missing
>>> class? If yes, where it can be found?

>>> Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated.

>>> Many thanks in advance for your time, effort and support.

>>> Regards, Nick.

>> I added microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript to you message.

>> I suspect the script must be run by right-clicking the *.vbs file and
>> selecting the option "Run as administrator". Or, the script can be run at
>> a command prompt, but one that has been launched by right clicking a
>> shortcut to cmd.exe and selecting "Run as administrator". If this doesn't
>> solve the problem, we need to see some code that duplicates the error.

>> --
>> Richard Mueller
>> MVP Directory Services
>> Hilltop Lab - http://www.rlmueller.net
>> --

Wed, 14 Mar 2012 00:52:18 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

Quote:
> Dear forum users

> I have a customer who is using a VB Script to create one swbemrefresher
> object which works normally on Win XP and Win2003 platform,

> but on Windows Vista platform prompts with "invalid class" error.

> Has anybody experienced something similar? Is it a matter of missing
> class? If yes, where it can be found?

> Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated.

> Many thanks in advance for your time, effort and support.

> Regards, Nick.

Thu, 07 Jun 2012 01:51:36 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

"Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de

Quote:

> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de

>>> Dear forum users

>>> I have a customer who is using a VB Script to create one swbemrefresher
>>> object which works normally on Win XP and Win2003 platform,

>>> but on Windows Vista platform prompts with "invalid class" error.

>>> Has anybody experienced something similar? Is it a matter of missing
>>> class? If yes, where it can be found?

>>> Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated.

>>> Many thanks in advance for your time, effort and support.

>>> Regards, Nick.

Thu, 21 Jun 2012 01:02:41 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

"Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de

Quote:

>> Dear forum users

>> I have a customer who is using a VB Script to create one swbemrefresher
>> object which works normally on Win XP and Win2003 platform,

>> but on Windows Vista platform prompts with "invalid class" error.

>> Has anybody experienced something similar? Is it a matter of missing
>> class? If yes, where it can be found?

>> Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated.

>> Many thanks in advance for your time, effort and support.

>> Regards, Nick.

Thu, 21 Jun 2012 01:01:48 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

"Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de

Quote:

> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de

>>> Dear forum users

>>> I have a customer who is using a VB Script to create one swbemrefresher
>>> object which works normally on Win XP and Win2003 platform,

>>> but on Windows Vista platform prompts with "invalid class" error.

>>> Has anybody experienced something similar? Is it a matter of missing
>>> class? If yes, where it can be found?

>>> Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated.

>>> Many thanks in advance for your time, effort and support.

>>> Regards, Nick.

Thu, 21 Jun 2012 01:02:41 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

"Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de noticias:...

Quote:

> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de

>> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de

Fri, 22 Jun 2012 03:17:46 GMT
 VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error

"Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de noticias:...

Quote:

> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de noticias:...

>> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de

>>> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi en el mensaje de

Fri, 22 Jun 2012 03:18:20 GMT

 [ 18 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Fetching Webpage Works in XP not in Vista?

2. Problems installing on Vista - Win2003

3. Won't work with Windows XP

4. Win XP/ MAPI not working

5. Make XP work like Vista

6. Windows XP visual style - Add Resource does not work

7. SmtpMail.Send not working in Windows XP

8. IE 6 in XP will not work with pop-up windows

9. VB6 not working on Windows XP ?

10. Using nested frames in VB6 under Windows XP does not work

11. CR7 not Working with Windows XP

12. Vista Crashes, XP does not