.vbs To Create XP Program Menu Item?
Author Message
 .vbs To Create XP Program Menu Item?

Hi Gang

Sorry but I'm new to this.  I need to create a script (.vbs) that will
check if the current user has a particular menu item in his/her Start
menu / Programs.  If not then it creates it and applies the right
properties to it.

Can someone help me create this script?

Thanks
Andy

Tue, 17 Jan 2012 04:04:55 GMT
 .vbs To Create XP Program Menu Item?
   You'll need to have access to the user's
start menu folder, use the FileSystemObject
to get the folder's files. Then if you need to
create a .lnk file use WScript.Shell's Shortcut
object to do that. If you don't have the docs
you should download them:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=01592C48-207...
8A76-1C4099D7BBB9&displaylang=en

  If you don't understand the directions I gave
then you should ask in the VBScript group.
This group is for VB, which is different. What you
want is:

microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript

Quote:
> Hi Gang

> Sorry but I'm new to this.  I need to create a script (.vbs) that will
> check if the current user has a particular menu item in his/her Start
> menu / Programs.  If not then it creates it and applies the right
> properties to it.

> Can someone help me create this script?

> Thanks
> Andy

Tue, 17 Jan 2012 04:52:19 GMT

1. Creating menu item on ANOTHER program

2. Creating Start Menu Program Items & Desktop Shortcuts

3. Creating Start Menu Program Items & Desktop Shortcuts

4. Add (first) menu items at runtime, then (second) subitems to newly create items

5. Creating New menu and sub menu items all through code

6. Creating menu item on the right most portion of main menu

7. How create menu items without Menu Editor

8. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

9. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

10. Creating Program Items in the program manager.

11. how to create menus in Windows XP

12. help with creating a vba custom menu item?