VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2
Author Message
 VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

We have an old VB6 application which uses a bunch of SQL Server 2000 stored
procedure calls...however we need to at least upgrade our database
engine...so we are looking at SQL Server 2008 (Express for now thought full
could be an option too).
The problem we are seeing is that at least some (if not all) stored
procedure calls from VB6 app to SQL Sever 2008 Express DB are not getting
done/completed (SS2008 DB is just simply restored from SS2000, and nothing
else is changed, also stored procedure complete/execute when run from SSMS -
Management Studio tool).
Please help :(alternative for now is to migrate the app from VB6 to Java -
which calls and executes stored procedures ok)

Sun, 15 Apr 2012 20:48:01 GMT
 VB6 application using SQL Server 2000 migrating db to SQL Server 2

Quote:
> We have an old VB6 application which uses a bunch of SQL Server 2000
> stored
> procedure calls...however we need to at least upgrade our database
> engine...so we are looking at SQL Server 2008 (Express for now thought
> full
> could be an option too).
> The problem we are seeing is that at least some (if not all) stored
> procedure calls from VB6 app to SQL Sever 2008 Express DB are not getting
> done/completed (SS2008 DB is just simply restored from SS2000, and nothing
> else is changed, also stored procedure complete/execute when run from
> SSMS -
> Management Studio tool).
> Please help :(alternative for now is to migrate the app from VB6 to Java -
> which calls and executes stored procedures ok)

There shouldn't be a problem. Post a sample of how you call the stored
procedures.

Sun, 15 Apr 2012 23:12:40 GMT

1. VB6: Oracle 8/SQL Server 2000 compatibility problems using ADO 2.5 and SQL

2. VB6: Oracle 8/SQL Server 2000 compatibility problems using ADO 2.5 and SQL Syntax

3. VB6: Oracle 8/SQL Server 2000 compatibility problems using ADO 2.5 and SQL Syntax

4. SQL Connectivity - CR9 Developer Edition, VB6, SQL Server 2000

5. know anything about Stored Proc and using SQL Server 2000, CR8.5 and VB6.0

6. CR8+VB6+SQL Server 2000 and Windows 2000

7. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

8. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

9. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

10. How to get data from SQL Server 2000 DB into IE Treeview - Web Control

11. Access 2000 VBA/SQL - cannot create pseudo-index on linked SQL Server table

12. doing updating from grid to sql server with stored procedure sql 2000