WebDisplay.DocumentComplete in Vista 
Author Message
 WebDisplay.DocumentComplete in Vista

Upgraded OS from XP SP2 to Vista SP1, now the WebDisplay.DocumentComplete
event will not fire.  Running in debug mode in VS2003.
App works in runtime, so why is IDE VB 2003 debug running on Vista SP1 not
working? Worked in XP SP2.


Fri, 03 Feb 2012 06:31:01 GMT  
 WebDisplay.DocumentComplete in Vista


Quote:
> Upgraded OS from XP SP2 to Vista SP1, now the WebDisplay.DocumentComplete
> event will not fire.  Running in debug mode in VS2003.
> App works in runtime, so why is IDE VB 2003 debug running on Vista SP1 not
> working? Worked in XP SP2.

This newsgroup's for VB6 and under.  You need to ask in a newsgroup for
.NET.  Those all have "dotnet" or "vsnet" in their names.

--
Mike



Fri, 03 Feb 2012 07:11:50 GMT  
 WebDisplay.DocumentComplete in Vista
   We were just talking about your post the other
day. :) You posted the exact same question 4
days ago in the .Net group, and Colbert Zhou
from Microsoft told you to repost it in the paid
subscription forums. How have you ended up
in the wrong group, with the same question, 4
days later?

   As MikeD said, this group is for VB only. Any
group that deals with VB.Net will have "dotnet"
in the name.

Quote:
> Upgraded OS from XP SP2 to Vista SP1, now the WebDisplay.DocumentComplete
> event will not fire.  Running in debug mode in VS2003.
> App works in runtime, so why is IDE VB 2003 debug running on Vista SP1 not
> working? Worked in XP SP2.



Fri, 03 Feb 2012 09:09:55 GMT  
 WebDisplay.DocumentComplete in Vista
Hello Mike

I see the same thread you posted in donet.languages.vb newsgroup. For we
have migrated the managed newsgroup support to MSDN forums, so I redirect
you to VB.NET general forum there. If you raised the question there, our
tool will identify your thread and we will have support engineer to work on
the issue with you. So, have you raised it in VB.NET General forum? Or do
you have any difficulties in the process? If yes or you have any other
concerns, please let me know. I will try my best to help!

Have a nice day, sir!

Regards,
Colbert Zhou
Microsoft Online Community Support



Fri, 03 Feb 2012 19:16:59 GMT  
 WebDisplay.DocumentComplete in Vista
I was told not to post in VB.Net General forum, so where is the "dotnet" or
"vsnet" newgroup am I to post in? Please look at this page tell me which one
to click on,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx
Quote:



> > Upgraded OS from XP SP2 to Vista SP1, now the WebDisplay.DocumentComplete
> > event will not fire.  Running in debug mode in VS2003.
> > App works in runtime, so why is IDE VB 2003 debug running on Vista SP1 not
> > working? Worked in XP SP2.

> This newsgroup's for VB6 and under.  You need to ask in a newsgroup for
> ..NET.  Those all have "dotnet" or "vsnet" in their names.

> --
> Mike



Mon, 06 Feb 2012 01:07:01 GMT  
 WebDisplay.DocumentComplete in Vista
I tried to find microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb on
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx

How do I tell if a form is a paid subscription forum?

Quote:

>    We were just talking about your post the other
> day. :) You posted the exact same question 4
> days ago in the .Net group, and Colbert Zhou
> from Microsoft told you to repost it in the paid
> subscription forums. How have you ended up
> in the wrong group, with the same question, 4
> days later?

>    As MikeD said, this group is for VB only. Any
> group that deals with VB.Net will have "dotnet"
> in the name.

> > Upgraded OS from XP SP2 to Vista SP1, now the WebDisplay.DocumentComplete
> > event will not fire.  Running in debug mode in VS2003.
> > App works in runtime, so why is IDE VB 2003 debug running on Vista SP1 not
> > working? Worked in XP SP2.



Mon, 06 Feb 2012 01:12:02 GMT  
 WebDisplay.DocumentComplete in Vista
Okay, so I'm not to search for microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

You posted, "The managed support service of the newsgroup
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb is now available instead on VB.NET
General forum:"

but now this post states, "so I redirect you to VB.NET general forum"

I posted in "VB.NET general forum" even though your first post stated that
VB.NET General forum has been replaced by
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb.

Quote:

> Hello Mike

> I see the same thread you posted in donet.languages.vb newsgroup. For we
> have migrated the managed newsgroup support to MSDN forums, so I redirect
> you to VB.NET general forum there. If you raised the question there, our
> tool will identify your thread and we will have support engineer to work on
> the issue with you. So, have you raised it in VB.NET General forum? Or do
> you have any difficulties in the process? If yes or you have any other
> concerns, please let me know. I will try my best to help!

> Have a nice day, sir!

> Regards,
> Colbert Zhou
> Microsoft Online Community Support



Mon, 06 Feb 2012 01:27:01 GMT  
 WebDisplay.DocumentComplete in Vista

Quote:
> I tried to find microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb on
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx

> How do I tell if a form is a paid subscription forum?

  For .Net there's no reason you can't post to:

microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

   If I understood Colbert Zhou correctly, you have paid for
an MSDN subscription, which gives you the benefit of
personal service from MS employees. Up until recently,
MS employees have been watching for and answering
questions from MSDN subscribers in these usenet newsgroups.
 But Microsoft is apparently moving all such paid service to
their online webpage-based forums and off of usenet. So
Colbert seems to be saying that if you want *him*, or other
MS employees to help, then you'll have to deal with posting
on  their social.msdn.... webpage mess. That would be this,
 that Colbert posted:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads

      Aside from that, if you don't mind getting answers
from us hoi polloi, then you can also still ask on  newsgroups. :)
You can ask VB (4/5/6) questions here and ask VB.Net questions
at the usenet link above, or in any group that has "dotnet" in the
name.

Quote:


> >    We were just talking about your post the other
> > day. :) You posted the exact same question 4
> > days ago in the .Net group, and Colbert Zhou
> > from Microsoft told you to repost it in the paid
> > subscription forums. How have you ended up
> > in the wrong group, with the same question, 4
> > days later?

> >    As MikeD said, this group is for VB only. Any
> > group that deals with VB.Net will have "dotnet"
> > in the name.

> > > Upgraded OS from XP SP2 to Vista SP1, now the

WebDisplay.DocumentComplete

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> > > event will not fire.  Running in debug mode in VS2003.
> > > App works in runtime, so why is IDE VB 2003 debug running on Vista SP1
not
> > > working? Worked in XP SP2.



Mon, 06 Feb 2012 02:23:15 GMT  
 WebDisplay.DocumentComplete in Vista
Expanding on that last bit:

  You've got stuck in two separate mixups. There's the
mixup about where MSDN subscribers should post,
and then there's the mixup between VB and VB.Net.

  Microsoft has been often dropping ".Net" from VB.Net
as part of their .Net marketing. It gets very confusing
for new people because there are now "two VBs",
which are entirely different things. But MS is trying to
push their .Net and phase out VB support, so they've
retroactively defined VB as just an earlier version of
VB.Net. Hence, VB 5/6 are VB. VB 7,8,9,10,11, 2003,
2005, 2008, etc. are actually VB.Net.

   Knowing that, if you look at the webpage where you're
trying to find groups, you'll see that in the VB section
there are some with links marked "forum" and some with
links marked "newsreader or browser". In general, the
"newsreader or browser" groups are the actual VB groups on
usenet, while the "forum" groups are the VB.Net groups
and only exist as webpage chat sites. ...Microsoft has
apparently decided to just pretend that the usenet groups for
.Net no longer exist.

  So if you want your paid support for .Net then you need
to pick one of the website chat forums from the list
at this link:

Quote:
> I tried to find microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb on
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx



Mon, 06 Feb 2012 02:40:37 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. WebBrowser Control and detecting last DocumentComplete event

2. DocumentComplete event not firing

3. IE5.DocumentComplete event not called

4. Browser Object Not Raising DocumentComplete Event

5. WebBrowser control: DocumentComplete event

6. How to catch DocumentComplete event of IE?

7. DocumentComplete event and VBA Excel 97

8. DocumentComplete Event

9. webbrowser documentcomplete vs. navigatecomplete2 events

10. Webbrowser control doesn't fire NavigateComplete2 after DocumentComplete event

11. Webbrowser control: DocumentComplete event

12. WebBrowser doesn't fire DocumentComplete event

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software